Good news for fans of the Rune Factory series: the long-awaited Rune Factory 4 Special finally has a release date in Europe! Initially slated for a 2019 release, this enhanced port of the Nintendo 3DS cult-classic is headed to Europe on February 28th. Based on this, it’s pretty safe to expect the North American release to end on February 25th.
Marvelous have also confirmed the language options, which are as follows:
- Audio: Japanese and English voices
- Text: English, French, German
Starting today, the game is available for pre-purchase on the Nintendop eShop for 39.99€ / £32.99 / AU$59.95. If you do pre-purchase the game, you will get the Swimsuit DLC as a bonus. The only other way to get it for free is to buy the Archival Edition on the Marvelous Store.
But that’s not the only bit of DLC for the game: there’s also the “Another Episode” DLC, that you can download for free from the Nintendo eShop until March 26th. After that date, it will become paid DLC (4.99€ / £4.49 / AU$7.50 to be precise).
But what’s included in the DLC? The following:
- illustrated stories for all 12 marriage candidates
- full English and Japanese voice acting for the DLC
Finally, Marvelous share some details about new additions to the game:
- more challenging “Hell” difficulty level
- ‘Newlywed Mode’, which introduces special episodes about living the married life with the game’s 12 eligible bachelors and bachelorettes (features new voices and in-game cut scenes)
Here’s the latest trailer for the game:
Rune Factory 4 Special (Switch) comes out on February 28th in Europe, and later in North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!