Today’s Pokémon news: latest Pokémon GO news, but also…
- Tool Assisted Speedrun
Throwback Challenge 2020 Special Research
Niantic have shared some details about the Throwback Challenge 2020 Special Research. As announced previously, you need to complete all four Timed Research lines from the Throwback Challenge 2020 to unlock it, though if you happen to miss even one, you will still be able to purchase a ticket to get access to it. If you do complete the Timed Research lines, you can also purchase a ticket in order to get a different version of the Throwback Challenge 2020 Special Research, with slightly different reward.
Here’s the features of the Throwback Challenge 2020 Special Research:
- Encounters with Galarian Meowth and Galarian Stunfisk! This will be their first appearance in Pokémon GO.
- Research tasks that lead to encounters with Pokémon originally discovered in the Unova region, such as Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Blitzle, Audino, Darumaka, Gothita, and Genesect.
- A chance to earn exciting rewards, including Professor Willow’s glasses as an exclusive avatar item!
The special version of the Throwback Challenge 2020 Special Research also features the following:
- each time you would’ve earned a reward encounter with a Pokémon, you instead will earn 10 Candies for that specific Pokémon
- you’ll earn Stardust instead of Professor Willow’s glasses.
Now, here’s details about the ticket mentioned above:
- To purchase the Throwback Challenge Celebration 2020 Special Research, you must open Pokémon GO during the event from Wednesday, June 3, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, June 8, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. in your local time zone. After you’ve received the Special Research, you can complete it at any time.
- The ticket is US$7.99 plus taxes or fees (or the equivalent in your local currency) and can be purchased in the shop. The ticket cannot be purchased with PokéCoins.
- Tickets can be purchased from when they go live until Monday, June 8, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. in your local time zone. Stay tuned for when tickets are available to purchase!
- The ticket for this Special Research is nonrefundable. (Subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service.)
And that’s not all: from June 3rd to June 8th (local time), the following features will be available to ALL players:
- Galarian Stunfisk will be making its Pokémon GO debut! Find it in the wild, in raids, and as a Throwback Challenge 2020 Special Research reward encounter.
- The following Pokémon will also be making their Pokémon GO debut and hatching from 7 km Eggs along with their usual forms: Galarian Meowth, Galarian Zigzagoon, Galarian Darumaka, and Galarian Stunfisk. Try evolving Galarian Meowth, Galarian Zigzagoon, and Galarian Darumaka!
- Pokémon originally discovered in the Unova region will be appearing more frequently in the wild.
Here’s the latest promo video for Pokémon GO:
Tool Assisted Speedrun
Here’s the latest Tool Assisted Speedrun video for Nintendo platforms:
- Pokémon Trading Card Game (GameBoy Color) by Blazephlozard in 16:42.69