Today’s Pokémon news: Pokémon anime series to restart this week in Japan, but also…
- Pokémon GO
- Pokémon Trading Card Game
Pokémon anime series
The Pokémon Company have announced that the broadcast of the latest Pokémon anime series will resume this week in Japan, after a nearly 2-month long hiatus due to the Covid-19 crisis. The next episode will be broadcast on Sunday (June 7th).
Here’s the preview for this episode:
Niantic have shared some details about the various events planned in June for Pokémon GO:
- June’s Research Breakthrough encounter: Trapinch with bonus Trapinch Candies (from June 1st to July 1st)
- Zekrom makes its electrifying Pokémon GO debut (from June 16th)
- Raid Hour events:
- Wednesday, June 17, 2020, from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. local time
- Wednesday, June 24, 2020, from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. local time
- Wednesday, July 1, 2020, from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. local time
- Raid Hour events:
- Throwback Challenge 2020 Special Research
- The solstice-themed event and the Bug Out event return to Pokémon GO
- The solstice-themed event will run from Friday, June 19, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Wednesday, June 24, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time
- The Bug Out event will run from Friday, June 26, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Wednesday, July 1, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time
- Upcoming Pokémon Spotlight Hours
- Tuesday, June 2, 2020: There will be no Pokémon Spotlight Hour.
- Tuesday, June 9, 2020: Patrat will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the XP for evolving Pokémon.
- Tuesday, June 16, 2020: Numel will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Stardust for catching Pokémon.
- Tuesday, June 23, 2020: Clefairy will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the XP for catching Pokémon. If you’re lucky, you might encounter Shiny Clefairy!
- Tuesday, June 30, 2020: Kricketot will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Candy for catching Pokémon.
Check out this page for more details!
Niantic have announced that the in-app special bonuses have been extended through the month of June.
Source: Niantic (Twitter)
Pokémon Trading Card Game
The Pokémon Company have announced that the next expansion for the Pokémon Trading Card Game is Sword and Shield – Darkness Ablaze, releasing on August 14th in Europe and North America.
It features the following:
- Over 185 cards
- Dozens of recently discovered Pokémon from the Galar region
- 14 powerful Pokémon V (Centiskorch V, Mew V, Galarian Slowbro V, and more) and 7 enormous Pokémon VMAX (Charizard VMAX, Grimmsnarl VMAX, Butterfree VMAX, and more)
- More than 15 Trainer cards and 3 new Special Energy cards
And on August 1st, the Build & Battle Box will be released, including:
- 4 booster packs
- a 23-card Evolution pack featuring key cards from current and prior sets (including one of four alternate-art promo cards)
- a deck-building tip sheet
Source: The Pokémon Company