PAX West 2018 takes place from August 31st to September 3rd, and earlier this week, Nintendo detailed their plans and line-up for the event. First, here’s the various activities planned:
- August 31st and September 1st: Trainer Battle scavenger hunt.
On Aug. 31 and Sept. 1, fans that want to be Pokémon Trainers in real life can participate in a “Trainer Battle” scavenger hunt all around PAX West and nearby Seattle areas. The @NintendoAmerica Twitter account will tweet clues and/or photos of different locations where there will be two Nintendo street team members dressed as Pokémon Trainers, who fans can “battle” to receive a special item by answering a trivia question. The Pikachu and Eevee costume characters will also make a special appearance at the downtown Sheraton Seattle hotel on Saturday, Sept. 1.
- August 31st to September 3rd: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate mural
Nintendo’s booth will also be home to a giant mural inspired by Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. The massive banner will display all the announced fighters in the upcoming Nintendo Switch game and is a great place for fans to snap pictures and share them on social media. Fans who cosplay as a character from the game can even find their matching character and take a photo.
- August 31st: Nintendo Minute
On Aug. 31, Nintendo will host a get-together for fans to meet Kit and Krysta from the “Nintendo Minute” online show and play Super Mario Party. At the event, fans will be some of the first to get hands-on time with the upcoming Nintendo Switch party game (launching on Oct. 5), as well as have an opportunity to be on an upcoming episode of “Nintendo Minute.” Nintendo will select 30 attendees to attend on a first-come, first-served basis. Details about the time and location of the event will be shared in the coming days.
Finally, here’s the list of playable games on Nintendo’s booth at PAX West 2018 (Booth #1939):
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Nintendo)
- Super Mario Party (Nintendo)
- Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! (Nintendo)
- Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! (Nintendo)
- Starlink: Battle for Atlas (Ubisoft)
- DRAGON BALL FighterZ (BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment)
- Diablo III: Eternal Collection (Blizzard Entertainment)
- Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes (Grasshopper Manufacture Inc.)
- SNK HEROINES ~Tag Team Frenzy~ (NIS America)
Source: Nintendo PR