Added more playable games on Nintendo’s booths (such as Terraria).
Nintendo Germany announced that Xenoblade Chronicles X would also be playable for attendees on the gamescom showfloor.
Today, Nintendo Germany revealed its line-up games, guests and activities for gamescom 2015, which is the world’s largest gaming event, taking place in Cologne, Germany between the 6th and 9th of August (on the 5th it is only open for members of the media).
Nintendo is hosting a House Party at their booth in Hall 9.1 A10/B10 mostly centered around Super Mario Bros. 30th anniversary. Part of the celebratory activities are Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Mario Kart 8, Splatoon, Pokémon Alpha Ruby/Omega Sapphire and Puzzle & Dragons Z + Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Edition tournaments, various competitions and a stage show which features Charles Martinet (who by now is a regular in Nintendo’s gamescom booth), various YouTube personalities as well as independent developers of upcoming games for Nintendo platforms. A Mario-flashmob, a fan-art exhibit, special downloads and a Monster Hunter community event are also planned, plus more.
- Super Mario Maker
- Skylanders SuperChargers
- Star Fox Zero
- Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash
- Xenoblade Chronicles X
- LBX: Little Battlers eXperience
- The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes
- Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash
- Typoman (Wii U)
- Mighty No. 9 (Wii U version)
- FAST Racing Neo (Wii U)
- Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows (DLC expansion, Nintendo 3DS version)
- Runbow (Wii U)
- Terraria (3DS version)
- SteamWorld Heist (3DS version)
- and more
The special opportunities to get exclusive stuff at the event include downloads for Aromatisse & Malamar / Bouffalant & Sableye in Pokémon Alpha Ruby/Omega Sapphire via two cards given out at the Nintendo booth (more at http://www.pokemon.de/gamescom) and a free AR card that allows you to take photos of Animal Crossing characters using the Photos with Animal Crossing app for Nintendo 3DS (download code included on the AR card). This app was previously released in Japan in November 2013 and is only just now making its way to Europe via these exclusive event giveaways. It was first given out at the Hyper Japan festival in London earlier this month.
The people looking to participate in the Mario flashmob have to be among the first 111 visitors who show up at the Nintendo booth dressed up as Mario and with a Mario amiibo in hand on Thursday the 6th of August at 12 o’clock noon. As a reward, they’ll receive a special bag of goodies.
The Monster Hunter community event takes places on Saturday, the 8th of August at 4 pm in two special tents in the “Action Area” of the “gamescom Camp.” Entry to this event is only possible with a free ticket for which one can register at this site (max. 200 participants).
Giveaways & Competitions:
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U tournament (Finale: Friday, 7th of August at 12 noon)
- Mario Kart 8 tournament (Finale: Saturday, 8th of August at 12 noon, qualifying details here)
- Splatoon (daily competition in the Battle Corner of the Nintendo booth)
- Pokémon Alpha Ruby/Omega Sapphire tournament (qualifying: Thursday, 6th of August; more: event.nintendo.de)
- Puzzle & Dragons Z + Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Edition (High Score Challenge, daily)
- amiibo Quiz: daily on-stage Nintendo-trivia quiz for a chance to win up to seven amiibo
House Party stage guests:
- Regulars: Tim Feldner (host, formerly of GIGA Games), Charles Martinet (guest, voice of Mario)
- Wednesday: m00sician, LETSPLAYmarkus and Honeyball (YouTubers)
- Thursday: Suishomaru and HerrDekay (YouTubers)
- Friday: lookslikeLink and Domtendo (YouTubers)
- Sunday: Developers of Typoman and SteamWorld: Heist
Nintendo Germany will also be livestreaming their stage shows via twitch starting at 12 noon until the end of the show every day from the 5th until the 8th of August: twitch.tv/nintendodeutschland
Source: Nintendo Germany PR via ntower.de