Today, Nintendo announced that their 79th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders will take place on June 27th, at 10AM JST (3AM CEST, 2AM BST / June 11th 9PM ET, 6PM PT). At this pretty important event, shareholders will have to vote for various proposals, with the most important one being the re-election of Directors.
The meeting will also be about the following:
- The Business Report, Consolidated Financial Statements for the Company’s 79th Fiscal Year (April 1, 2018 – March 31, 2019) and results of audits by the Accounting Auditor and the Audit and Supervisory Committee of the Consolidated Financial Statements
- Non-Consolidated Financial Statements for the Company’s 79th Fiscal Year (April 1, 2018 – March 31, 2018)
(Please check out this post for more details about the latest financial results).
Here’s the list of proposals for this 79th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders :
- Proposal No. 1: Distribution of Surplus [note: how the money made during the previous Fiscal Year) will be used
- Proposal No. 2: Election of Five Directors (excluding Directors who are Audit and Supervisory
About Proposal No. 2 (the most important, by far), here’s the list of Directors to be elected or re-elected:
- Shuntaro Furukawa (Director, Representative Director and President): re-election
- Shigeru Miyamoto (Director / Representative Director / Fellow): re-election
- Shinya Takahashi (Director / General Manager, Entertainment Planning & Development Division / Supervisor of Business Development Division, Development Administration & Support Division / Senior Managing Executive Officer): re-election
- Ko Shiota (General Manager, Platform Technology Development Division / Director / Senior Executive Officer): re-election
- Satoru Shibata (Outside Director of The Pokémon Company, Director / General Manager, Marketing Division / General Manager, Licensing Division / In charge of Planning Department): re-election
As usual, it’s highly unlikely shareholders will vote against any of these people, but it will be interesting the approval rating for each one, especially Shuntaro Furukawa, who became President of Nintendo on June 28th, 2018.