Today, the first wave of Happy Price Selection titles came out in Japan. For those who missed the announcement, the Happy Price Selection is basically the Japanese equivalent of Nintendo Selects. 12 Nintendo 3DS games are now available at a lower price (2 916 Yen, including taxes), and with them, Nintendo is clearly targetting users who recently got a Nintendo 3DS.
Today, Nintendo uploaded some TV commercials for the Happy Price Selection range, which are currently airing on TV. They show a fake graduation ceremony (which is bound to resonate with young Japanese players) for the Nintendo 3DS, which has sold over 20 million units in Japan since launch.
Here’s the commercials, grouped in a YouTube playlist:
Head after the break for the list of games for the first wave of Happy Price Selection titles!
- Tobidase Doubtsu no Mori / Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo)
- Tomodachi Collection: Shin Seikatsu / Tomodachi Life (Nintendo)
- Luigi’s Mansion 2 (Nintendo)
- Nintendogs+cats: Toy Poodle & New Friends (Nintendo)
- Nintendogs+cats: French Bulldog & New Friends (Nintendo)
- Nintendogs+cats: Shiba Inu & New Friends (Nintendo)
- Dora Eigo: Nobita to Yousei no Fushigi Collection (Shogakukan)
- Sumikko Gurashi: Koko ga Ochitsukundesu (Nippon Columbia)
- Kuma ・ Tomo (Bandai-Namco)
- Gotouji Tetsudou ~ Gotoji Chara to Nippon Zenkoku no Tabi~ (Bandai-Namco)
- Taiko no Tatsujin: Chibi Dragon to Fushigina Orb (Bandai-Namco)
- Bokujou Monogatari: Hajimari no Daichi / Harvest Moon: A New Beginning (Marvelous)