A few days ago, at E3 2017, a major update for Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition was announced: the Better Together Update (click here for more details). And if you thought there would be no more updates for the game until that one, you were wrong. And if you thought the consoles not getting the Better Together Update would stop getting DLC and updates… you were also wrong!
Today, it was announced that an update would be released in a few hours, following some maintenance, and that it would come with some new DLC. First, here’s the list of changes for this update (applies to all platforms):
- 7 new Achievements/Trophies
- New UI engine (saving significant memory – which should boost performance!)
- Woodland Mansion
- Treasure Maps
- Observer Block
- Totem of Undying
- Illagers! Vindicator, Vex and Evoker!
- ‘Bouncy’ Beds
- Dyeable beds
- Option to change Biomes size to match other platforms (since they are smaller on console by default).
As for the DLC, there’s not one, but two new DLC packs:
- ‘Giants’ Glide Track Pack: features a trio of “deadly” aerobatic challenges, filled with oversize furniture, massive mods, and more. One of hte tracks even takes place inside the human body itself! The 3 maps are: Shrunk, Body, and Mobs.
- Mini Game Heroes Skin Pack: features various skins based on the heroes of the Minecraft mini-games. Includes skins based on Bat Team, Cow Team, Cat Team, Elder Guardian Team, Horse Team, Llama Team, MagmaCube Team, Slime Team, Spider Team, and Villager Team. As usual, some of them will be available for free, and you will have to purchase the rest.
The latest update for Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition and Minecraft: Wii U Edition will be available later today!
Source: official website