During the latest meeting with investors, Tatsumi Kimishima announced that Miitomo would soon get an update, bringing it to Ver. 2.2. No details at all were given during the meeting, but fortunately, we didn’t have to wait all that long before finding out what the update will be about.
Miitomo Ver. 2.2 will come with some really nice features, starting with image attachments for answers. Always felt that your answers to questions would be better with something to illustrate them? Well, now you will be able to add pictures to them, which means you won’t need to comment to your own answers anymore.
Other features include the Miifoto log, a customisable bio in your profile, the ability to send a message along with a friend invite (handy when you want to make sure the person you’re sending the invite to knows who you are), selectable colour variations for Daily Items, and more.
Here’s the complete list of new features for Miitomo Ver. 2.2:
- Miifoto log, where you’ll be able to post Miifotos or images from your device with comments.
- The ability to attach images to your answers.
- The addition of a customisable Bio in your profile.
- When sending a friend request, you’ll be able to attach a message.
- Miitomo wallpaper will be available for use as backgrounds in Miifotos.
- You’ll be able to select the outfit your Mii character wears when delivering a message.
- Daily Items will now include selectable colour variations.
- Various other improvements.
One important thing to note about the update: it will be mandatory, which means you will have no other choice but to update in order to keep using Miitomo.
Unfortunately, it’s not clear when that update will be released, though there’s no doubt it will be available within the next couple of weeks.