Guardian Tales, a popular mobile game developed by Kong Studios with +10 million downloads in 7 months, is headed to the Nintendo Switch. Kong Studios have announced that a Nintendo Switch version will be released globally during the second half of the year.
Unfortunately, very little is know about the game, other than Kong Studios handling game development, localization, and operation in-house. It’s not clear if this will be exactly the same game as on Android and iOS, or if it will be a version tailor-made for the Nintendo Switch.
For those of you who have never heard of it, Guardian Tales is fantasy game with a Zelda-style top-down view, featuring “retro style dot-graphics, immersive & absorbing storyline, quirky humor, and engaging gameplay.”
Here’s a trailer and some details (+ the list of key features) for the mobile game:
Begin your adventure in Kanterbury, a world in turmoil from the Invaders’ attack, destined to be saved by the Legendary Guardian!
- Puzzle Solving Gameplay – Lift heavy boulders, throw explosive bombs and sling yourself across obstacles to discover hidden pathways to amazing treasures!
- Strategic Action Combat – Dodge, duck, dip and dive your way to victory against powerful foes and massive bosses!
- Challenging Dungeons & Bosses – Explore dark and dangerous dungeons to challenge the behemothic bosses that reside within! Evil pig monsters beware, the hero has arrived!
- Intense PVP and Rankings – Assemble and synergize your best party of 3 heroes to face others in real-time combat for glory!
- Hero and Weapon Collection – It’s dangerous to go alone! Collect and choose from over 50 Heroes and 100 different weapons – each with their own unique abilities!
- Create a Guild with Friends – Make new friends, show off your heroes and party it up in the Guild House! Oh, and go easy on the Guild Scarecrow..
- Customize Your Floating Castle – You like pancakes? Build a Pancake House! Love clowns? Build a Circus! Customize your island the way you want for you and your heroes!
- Tribute Parodies – Do you like easter eggs? There are tons of in-game easter eggs. Challenge yourself to discover them all!
Source: Kong Studios PR