Ginger: Beyond the Crystal headed to the Nintendo Switch next week
Yesterday, Badland Games announced that Ginger: Beyond the Crystal (developed by Drakhar Studio) was headed to the Nintendo Switch pretty soon… next week, in fact, on November 17th. There will also be a retail release, sometime in 2018.
Never heard of this game before? Ginger: Beyond the Crystal is an adventure/3D platformer that tasks you with rebuilding a magical world devastated by the explosion of a crystal. You get to play as Ginger, who has to find the damaged crystals and purify them. He also has to save the other inhabitants of that world, that have been kidnapped. Said characters can give him special skills.
The game features 15 different levels (+ 15 bonus levels), but it’s trule the number of sidequests that impresses: there’s over 200 of them in the game.
Here’s the key features:
- 3 worlds to repopulate
- 15 levels of adventures with platforms full of puzzles and enemies
- 15 hidden bonus levels
- An epic soundtrack delivered throughout the game
- Gather resources throughout your quest to re-build your village
- Acquire new abilities/skills as you advance throughout your adventure
- Hundreds of secrets to find out about in the incredible worlds
- Playtime of more than 15 hours
Finally, here’s a trailer and some screenshots:
Ginger: Beyond the Crystal (Switch – eShop) will be released on November 17th in Europe and North America. The retail release will follow in 2018. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Badland Indie PR