In the latest issue of Famitsu magazine, we learn that D3Publisher is bringing several games to the Nintendo Switch:
- Gyakuten Yoshiwara ~Ohgiya-hen~ (The Men of Yoshiwara). The opening movie was revealed last week. Releasing this Winter, no release date or price known;
- Tennis (most likely from the Simple Series): out in January, 741 Yen;
- Billiard (most likely from the Simple Series): out in mid-February, 741 Yen;
- Misshitsu kara no Dasshutsu (Escape Room game, most likely from the Simple Series): releasing this Winter, no release date or price known.
More details and pictures for theses games will be available soon (most likely this very week), which is when they will be added to the Upcoming Games page!
Famitsu digital sales estimates
In this issue, Famitsu shared their latest digital sales estimates (for November 2017). Full data will be available later this week, but here’s select data for Nintendo platforms:
- Dragon Quest X Ver. 4.0 (Nintendo Switch): 37 856 units
- Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon (Nintendo 3DS): 32 866 units
- Dragon Quest X Ver. 4.0 (Wii U): 32 446 units
- Shinobi Refle -Senran Kagura- (Nintendo Switch): 32 167 units
Those are pretty strong sales for Dragon Quest X, and they mirror retail sales (both amount of units sold and platform ranking). Considering you cannot resell the game (you need a valid licence for it), it makes sense that it would have strong digital sales. Meanwhile, sales of Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are on the low side, which is no surprise for family-focused games with ample supply at retail.