Today’s Nintendo eShop news: The Escapists: Complete Edition announced for the Nintendo Switch, but also…
- Hell Warders
- Splash Blast Panic
The Escapists: Complete Edition
Did you like The Escapists 2 on Nintendo Switch, and would like to (re-)discover the original? If yes, here’s some good news for you: Team17 has announced that The Escapists: Complete Edition is coming to the console later this year! It will be the “most content-packed version of the game ever released”, as not only it will include all the prisons from the base games, but it will also come with 9 bonus maps (including one never released on consoles: Fhurst Peak).
Here’s a trailer and some details:
Escaping won’t be easy. You’ll have to work around the strict prison schedule and avoid the unwanted attention of guards! You’ll need some cash to put your plan into action, so be prepared to get a prison job or perform favour requests for fellow inmates to earn those vital funds. Use your hard-earned cash to barter with traders for tools and crafting supplies, and make sure you find a good hiding place for your stash. And don’t forget to pay attention during roll call to avoid a cell shakedown – you wouldn’t want to lose that coveted shovel you’ve worked so hard to craft!
- 15 unique prisons to escape – from the minimal security of Center Perks to the harsh confines of the Stalag Flucht POW camp, this is the most content-packed version of The Escapists ever released on console
- Includes all DLC packs – Alcatraz, Escape Team, Duct Tapes are Forever, Santa’s Sweatshop and Fhurst Peak Correctional Facility which was previously exclusive to the PC release
- Multiple ways to escape – A variety of different methods to bust your way out including digging out and prison takeovers!
- 10 different jobs – Take on prison jobs to fund your fiendish plans, including laundry, janitor, metal shop, kitchen, tailor, deliveries and gardener
- Deep crafting system – Gather the necessary items you’ll need to craft items for your escape plan. Craft tools such as Cutters, Shovels, Sheet Ropes and weapons such as the Sock Mace, Comb Blade or Cup of Molten Chocolate!
The Escapists: Complete Edition (Switch – eShop) comes out later this year in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Last week, PQube announced yet another game for the Nintendo Switch: Hell Warders, a third person action tower defence hybrid developed by Antigravity Game Studios). It will be released this Fall.
Here’s a trailer and some details:
Hell is at our gates! Rise up as one of the mighty Hell Warders, an ancient order of heroes with unique powers and abilities, to resist the demon hordes head-on. Push back wave after wave of Hell-spawn with an arsenal of weapons, rip apart their fearsome commanders with powerful hero skills, and deploy your army of knights, archers, and mages to bring the fight back to Hell!
- Annihilate the legions of Hell – Control powerful Heroes, unleash devastating abilities and deploy strategic defensive units in this brand new sub-genre title.
- Fortify your defences – Set up archers, knights, mages and catapults – choose their position, upgrade their abilities and create the strongest resistance possible.
- Join forces online and locally – Combine forces with up to four players and battle the legions of evil! Hell Warders supports co-operative play with friends and online matchmaking.
- Choose from three class-based heroes and enhance them – Choose from three diverse heroes – each with their own unique weapons, skills and abilities. Completing stages rewards you with beacons which upgrades your skills and unlocks powerful artifacts allowing you to stand toe to toe with even the toughest of demons.
- Challenge Epic Encounters – Battle demonic monsters, from the small and numerous to the epic and towering. Every resident of Hell is out to stop you!
Finally, here’s some screenshots:
Hell Warders (Switch – eShop) comes out this Fall in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: PQube PR
Last week, Playdius and Midgar Studio announced that Hover (their parkour game successfully funded on Kickstarter a few years ago) will be released on September 20th on Nintendo Switch. It will cot 24.99€ / $24.99, and it will feature cross-platform play on consoles.
Here’s a trailer and some details:
Hover is a fast-paced single and multiplayer parkour game set in a futuristic 3D open world. The game takes place in ECP17, a high-tech city also called Hover City by its inhabitants and located on a distant planet. The Great Admin cut the communication with the Galactic Union and established a strong dictatorship. Having fun has become illegal and entertainment is banished.
You’re in charge of a team of young rebels, who fight against the new anti-leisure laws oppressing the city. Equipped with high-tech gears allowing amazing jumps and speed, the rebels can roam the city to sabotage the propaganda, help citizens, and put an end to the oppression by reaching the Galactic Union!
- An amazing City: Hover City is a huge futuristic colorful city. Its buildings offer breathtaking vertical playgrounds.
- Astonishing moves: Slide, bounce, dash and wall-jump through Hover City thanks to your high-tech suit.
- Online multiplayer: Join your friends online at any time and continue the adventure together, whether you are cooperating or working against them. Participate in races, events or score battles created in real time by the community.
- Level up mechanics: Gain experience and unlock chips that improve the aptitudes of your character. You can trade your spare chips in order to get better ones through the E-Swap trading system.
- A customizable experience: Instantly switch from single to multiplayer, whenever you want. Play first or third person or activate the auto camera that mixes both and offers you a dynamic experience.
- A dynamic J-Pop inspired soundtrack: composed by Cedric Menendez, with the participation of Hideki Naganuma (Jet Set Radio, Yakuza series…)
Hover (Switch – eShop) comes out on September 20th in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games pages been updated!
Source: Playdius PR
Splash Blast Panic
Last week, Digital Smash announced that Splash Blast Panic (a competitive party fighting game by Team KwaKwa) is coming to the Nintendo Switch “soon”. Here’s a trailer and some details:
SPLASH BLAST PANIC is a competitive party fighting game where you dash, fly and shoot your opponents with a water pistol, mixing precision flight controls and a vast array of items and power ups. Inspired by old arcade titles, as well as, newer competitive party games, ruin all your friendships in a variety of stage which may or may not have various level of gimmicks that could backhand you if you’re not careful, or tell that person you always despised your true feelings with water bomb launchers, bubble prisons, water gun sentries, reflective shields and more!
- Up to 4 player multiplayer, in various forms of free for all or team-based matches, with a lot of control over match options for your personal liking!
- Unique levels providing environmental challenges to overcome while still trying to get your opponents outside the ring. With the addition of a big selection of offensive and defensive items so you can baffle your adversary at the last second.
- A heart pounding soundtrack composed by Mitch Gasser and an insane sound landscape by Julien Mathey
- Arcade mode single player, for more stages and characters unlocks as well as other little secrets. And also to master your skills in your free time so you can become “that guy”.
- Colourful hand-drawn graphics mixed with an old arcadey feel, accessible for both new players and with little intricacies for more advanced and skilled gamers.
Splash Blast Panic (Switch – eShop) is releasing “soon” in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Digital Smash PR