Today’s Nintendo eShop news: more details for Pumpkin Jack, but also…
- Cyber Hook
- One Step From Eden
Here’s some more details for Pumpkin Jack, along with the list of key features, and a few screenshots:
Fans of games like MediEvil and Jak & Daxter will enjoy engaging in an epic battle of evil against good as you jump, dodge, and carve your way through challenging enemies and daunting puzzles. The use of Unreal Engine grants for gorgeously rendered and gruesomely colourful landscapes.
The peaceful Boredom Kingdom, with its happy citizens, monotonous calm… and adorable little bunnies, has sent the Devil himself into a flying rage! With dreams of turmoil, torture, and bloodshed on his mind, he unleashed the dreadful Curse of the Eternal Night upon the land. Not in love with the idea of a change in their peaceful lifestyle, the humans summon their saviour — a mighty wizard with the power to put an end to the evil curse.
In order to stop these party crashers from ruining his fun, the Devil summons the spirit of Jack, the Pumpkin Lord, to fight against the wizard’s army of beasts and destroy the killjoy wizard! You, as Jack, will be tearing your way through fright-filled levels as you punish those who dared defy your master!
- Colorful Cartoon Setting: Travel through lurid landscapes in levels featuring alluring atmospheres, each crafted with vibrant colour palettes, and high-quality lighting effects
- Fight For Your Life: With challenging beasts lurking around every corner, players must master the art of combo attacks, dodging, and timing to survive dynamic real-time battles! Players must unlock weapons and choose wisely in order to strike down all who oppose them!
- Don’t Lose Your Head: Solve puzzles that focus on physics, gravity, and reflection as Jack, or ditch the skinsuit and just use your flaming head to burn books, hammer some moles, create paths for magic spheres, and more as each level introduces new and exciting challenges
- Find Friends to Fight at Your Side: Helpful companions are there to assist Jack in his journey, including a haughty hooty owl to guide him along, and a snarky crow, itching to assist with long-range attacks
Pumpkin Jack (Switch – eShop) comes out this Fall in Europe and North America.
Source: Headup Games PR
Here’s the latest trailer for Cyber Hook:
Cyber Hook is a fast-paced, 3D platformer that has you using parkour skills and a grappling hook to scale and ride walls, while fighting enemies and blasting blocks with a finger laser gun. Hurtle forward in a vibrant retrowave environment to test parkour abilities, but be careful, because one missed jump can mean life or death. The game also features 70+ levels, leaderboards and the ability to warp time in order to plan jumps and grapples.
The new trailer showcases the game’s high-flying action with dynamic, moving platforms, different abilities you have at your finger tips (literally), and more. Also get a first look at the enemies that can be waiting right around the corner in this beautiful retrowave world.
Cyber Hook (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet.
Source: Graffiti Games PR
One Step From Eden
Humble Bundle have announced their latest game for the Nintendo Switch: One Step From Eden, a deck-building roguelike developed by Thomas Moon Kang. It will be released on March 26th in Europe and North America.
Here’s a trailer, some details, and the list of key features:
One Step From Eden combines strategic deckbuilding and realtime action with roguelike elements. Cast powerful spells on the fly, battle evolving enemies, collect game-changing artifacts, make friends or make enemies. Make it one step from Eden, the last shining beacon of hope in a bleak post-war world. Fight alone (or with a friend in co-op) and lead your character down a path of mercy or destruction.
- Deckbuilding with 200+ spells & 100+ game-changing items
- Action deckbuilding, a blend of bullet hell action and card game strategy
- Unique evolving enemies that get ingeniously more difficult
- Procedurally generated worlds and battles
- Local co-op and PvP
- Full controller and keyboard & mouse support
- Steam Workshop & mod support
One Step From Eden (Switch – eShop) comes out on March 26th in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Humble Bundle (Steam)