Today’s Nintendo eShop news: GRIS announced for the Nintendo Switch, but also…
- Fury Unleashed
- Fall of Light: Darkest Edition
- Feudal Alloy
- Bertil Hörberg
Yesterday, Devolver Digital announced yet another game for the Nintendo Switch: GRIS, a serene and evocative narrative experience developed by Nomada Studio. It will be released later this year.
Here’s a trailer and some details about it:
Free of danger, frustration or death, players will explore a meticulous designed world brought to life with delicate art, detailed animation, and an elegant original score. Through the game light puzzles, platforming sequences, and optional skill-based challenges will reveal themselves as more of Gris’s world becomes accessible.
GRIS is a hopeful young girl lost in her own world dealing with a painful experience in her life. Her journey through sorrow is manifested in her dress, which grants new abilities to better navigate her faded reality. As the story unfolds, Gris will grow emotionally and see her world in a different way, revealing new paths to explore using her new abilities.
GRIS (Switch – eShop) comes out later this year in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Devolver Digital PR
Yesterday, Circle Ent. announced yet another game for the Nintendo Switch: Protoform, developed by Pathea Games. Here’s some really early details (game will not be released before next year, so details and trailer will come at a later date):
Protoform is a game that’ll deliver a clean aesthetic, with gameplay that’ll focus upon exploration and puzzle-solving within a large world. In addition it will have an intriguing story to tell, with the goal of drawing the player into the world.
Here’s one, lone screenshot:
Protoform (Switch – eShop) comes out next year in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Circle Ent. PR
Last week, Awesome Games Studio announced that Fury Unleashed (a rogue-lite action-platformer set in a comic book universe) will be released on the Nintendo Switch in Early 2019. Here’s all you need to know about it:
Fury Unleashed is a rogue-lite action-platformer set in a comic book universe. Experience fast-paced hit-and-run gameplay and never do the same thing twice, thanks to procedurally generated levels and random items – all in highly refined, modern, hi-res 2D art.
Somehow, chaos has entered the comic book multiverse and your whole world has gone nuts! That’s how your story starts: you come from a long-gone era and were once a great hero, but now things have gone bad – your powers have been lost! Your quest is simple, yet deadly: you need to write your story anew and relive your greatest accomplishments. Order will be restored if, and only if, you prove that you are the most furious among the heroes out there.
Your guns are your best friends, and ink is the new gold – collect it from defeated enemies to upgrade your hero. The more dynamic and forceful your play style, the greater the rewards! There is always a cost, though. Stay focused at all times or you will die sooner than you think.
Oh, and keep an eye on those secret rooms, as what you find there might be quite a surprise. Even for such a tough fighter as yourself.
- Comic book setting – dive into a comic book reality with Metal Slug inspired visuals.
- Platform action with 360° shooting – jump, dash, shoot, slash and blow things up like someone who really wants to unleash their fury!
- Procedurally generated levels – you will never know what waits for you around the corner.
- Customizable character – shoot as a male, exterminate enemies as a female, take advantage of the Steam Workshop and make the hero your own.
- Permadeath with character progression – you will keep the collected ink, even if you die.
- Three unique comic book stories to play through:
- Face the Evil God in Awakening of the Ancient Gods!
- Defeat the Nazis in Operation Crimson Dusk!
- Defend the Earth from alien invasion in Earth’s Last Stand!
- Lots of game-changing items and weapons – wreak havoc on your enemies with shotguns, machine guns, rocket launchers, and more. Don’t forget about defense either – choose the best armor possible!
- Secret rooms to discover, adding yet another layer to your comic book multiverse.
- Captivating soundtrack composed by Adam Skorupa and Krzysztof Wierzynkiewicz, the creators of tracks for The Witcher and Shadow Warrior 2.
Finally, here’s some screenshots for the game:
Fury Unleashed (Switch – eShop) will be released in Early 2019 in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Awesome Games Studio PR
Fall of Light: Darkest Edition
Yesterday, Digerati announced that Fall of Light: Darkest Edition will be released on August 23rd in Europe and North America. This version of the game features an all-new dungeon to explore (complete with new enemies, traps, and weapons), create specifically for it.
Here’s all you need to know about the game:
Fall of Light is a story-driven action RPG set within a world consumed by darkness. You are Nyx, an old warrior who has embarked on a dangerous journey with his daughter, Aether, an ‘indigo child’ who radiates luminescence. Only together will they be strong enough to complete their quest: reach the last place on Earth still touched by sunlight.
- 20 different battle stances: get ready to face hordes of shadowy enemies!
- 10 weapon classes: pick your favorite combo of close-range weapons, crossbows, and shields
- All-new dungeon: complete with new enemies and dangers, exclusive to the Darkest Edition
- Protect Aether: her light pierces the darkness and you are stronger together, so keep her safe!
- Unlock hidden secrets: learn more about the history and lore of Nyx’s world
- Supports the following languages: French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian, Portuguese-Brazil, Simplified Chinese, Hungarian
Fall of Light: Darkest Edition (Switch – eShop) comes out on August 23rd in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Digerati PR
Here’s the latest piece of concept art for Feudal Alloy, and more specifically a cutscene:
Feudal Alloy (Switch – eShop) comes out this Summer in Europe and North America.
Source: Attu Games (Twitter)
Yesterday, Bertil Hörberg shared another screenshot of his new game, which still doesn’t have a title:
Source: Bertil Hörberg (Twitter)