Double Cross: an action/adventure game from 13AM Games, on Nintendo Switch
13AM Games are the developers of Runbow, the popular party platformer on Wii U (and Nintendo Switch!). A few weeks ago, they teased a new game (that will also be released on Nintendo Switch), and yesterday, that mysterious game was finally revealed: it’s Double Cross, a game offering an “an adventure-game style investigation crossed with an intense action platformer”.
You get to play as Zahra: an agent of RIFT (Regulators of Interdimensional Frontiers and Technology) whose job consists in mainting peace and order between all dimensions. In this game, you get to sling, swing, fight, and investigate across distinct dimensions, using RIFT-developed gear.
In order to find the identity of the person who attacked the RIFT headquarters, you will have to gather many clues. Those will also help you save every variation of the universe!
Here’s the debut trailer for Double Cross:
- Players can custom tailor their play style by collecting Upgradium and using it to level up and unlock equippable RIFT agent gear.
- Adventure-game style investigation system and upgrade system that allows players to choose how and in what order they play levels
- A unique “Proton Slinger” mechanic that allows diversity of movement throughout levels and the ability to grab and throw objects and enemies
- Varied and upgradeable attacks and combos
- An intricate story engages players as they solve an interdimensional mystery with a diverse cast of characters
- Slick 2D HD art that draws upon traditional gaming and anime style
Finally, here’s some screenshots:
Double Cross (Swich – eShop) comes out this Summer in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: 13AM Games