Dimension Drive (space shooter) headed to the Nintendo Switch
Last week, during the Nindies Summer Showcase, plenty of games were announced (or simply showcased) for the Nintendo Switch. But there’s also some that were not in presentation, but were announced/confirmed just after it, and Dimension Drive is one of them.
For those of you who never heard of the game before, it’s a space shooter where you literally get to play two games at once, in a dual battlefield. The story sees the Ashajuls (a cruel multidimensional alien race) attack our universe, and Jackelyne Tywood (aka Jack, the character you get to play as) is the one who steps up to stop them.
In Dimension Drive, you get to control the Manticore, a legendary ship capable of teleporting across space and dimensions. In order to stop the Ashajuls, you will need to uncover the origin of the Dimension Drives, but also the mysteries of your very own origin. But of course, you’re not on your own: V.E.R.A. (your friend, but also… an AI!) is at your side during this journey.
Here’s the key features of the game:
- A New Type of Shoot’Em Up: Dimension Drive is a Dual-Battlefield vertical Shoot’Em Up with a focus on smart, quick teleporting.
- Unlock several weapons by finding secret data cubes in the levels and improve your arsenal for the ultimate fight.
- Rich Sci-fi Adventure: Unfold the secrets of the Dimension Drives and your past, teleport across the multiverse fighting the ultimate threat, and meet new races and allies!
- Clever mix of mechanics: A seamless combination of levels focusing on strategic shooting and real-time puzzles will make you question what you know about shoot’em ups.
- 2 games on your screen: Multitask and single-handedly fight 2 shoot’em ups side-by-side.
- 4 difficulty modes: Normal, Hard, Extreme and WTF! Offer different challenges for different play styles. Play with shields in Normal, or go to the old-school route with one hit kills in Hard and Extreme. If you are up for the challenge try WTF! and try your luck at beating the game with one single hit.
- Single player and local co-op: Play solo or enjoy our unique take on 2 player mode: total cooperative where both players share everything down to their lives, play as a team or die.
- The Multiverse: Finished the story mode? Don’t worry, we got you covered. One new level releases every 2 weeks for you to challenge your friends and claim the highest score. Become the best pilot in The Multiverse!
- Comicbook art style: Video game meets comic. Experience the story of Jack through the motion comics and awe at the colour rich in-game comic art style. Who said space was black?
- Energy management: The Manticore is powered by the Dimension Drive energy. Carefully strategize and decide when and where are the best places to teleport.
- Advanced scoring system: Obtain the best score in the leaderboards.
- Teleportation! (We said that already, didn’t we?)
Finally, here’s a trailer and some pictures for the game:
Dimension Drive (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date just yet.