On this page, you will find all there is to know about the Software updates for Dead Cells on Nintendo Switch (originally released on August 7th 2018 in Europe, North America, and Japan)!
Click here for more Software updates!
Dead Cells – Ver. 1.4
- Release date: September 9th 2019 (Europe, North America) / September 10th 2019 (Japan)
- Patch notes:
Who’s the Boss Update! This patch brings 7 new weapons (one for each of the five bosses of Dead Cells, one for a certain really challenging fight, and a mystery one) thematically tied to Dead Cells’ bosses. Beat them and claim their weapon as yours.
In addition to the new weapons, we welcome 6 new mobs – also thematically tied to the bosses – in the family. We hope you will love them as much as we do!
The Color Scaling of many items has been changed. We’ve been rethinking how each color should offer several specific approaches of the combat.
– Tactics: Glass Cannon with an emphasis on being well positioned. Survive by not being hit, and in dire need of suitable tools (defensive or helping with re-positioning) to do that job consistently.
– Brutality: A well balanced build focused on fast weapons, melee combat, damage-over-time and offensive skills.
– Survival: Slow weapons, great shields, lot of health, offensive skills with high cooldown but decent control alternatives. Everything tied to healing.
Hence, why we felt the need to change a few of the current weapon scalings to be more in line with the global philosophy behind. Here is the full change list:
– Stun Grenade, Ice Grenade, and Root Grenade are now Tactics/ Survival instead of Brutality/ Tactics.
– Death Orb is now Survival instead of Tactics.
– Corrupted Power is now Brutality/ Tactics instead of Tactics/ Survival.
– Vampirism is now Brutality/ Survival instead of Tactics/ Survival.
– Tonic is now Survival only instead of Tactics/ Survival.
– Corrosive Cloud is now Tactics/ Brutality instead of Tactics only.
– Lacerating Aura is now Tactics/ Brutality instead of Tactics only.
– Throwing Knife is now Tactics/ Brutality instead of Tactics only.
– Meat Skewer is now Tactics/ Brutality instead of Brutality only.
– Assassin’s Dagger is now Tactics/ Brutality instead of Brutality only.
Two of the 14th update’s new items have also received a color change, with Lightspeed becoming a Tactic/ Brutality, but with a higher cd than before. A certain other spinning skill has become Brutality/ Survival instead of Tactics/ Survival.
3 New Tactics Mutations! Albeit not being designed to fit into range build but to make Melee purple an unstoppable killing machine. Until you take a hit.
– Scheme: Using a skill gives a flat bonus damage to your next melee attack.
– Initiative: Gives a flat bonus damage to your first melee attack against an enemy.
– Predator: Killing an enemy with a melee attack makes you invisible during X secondes.
We’ve been thinking about making an Assassin’s build (Glass Cannon with the highest damage and great mobility but the lowest tankyness of the game) viable in Dead Cells for some time now, and the recolor of some items was the perfect opportunity to try it.
The Assassin is thought to be built around skills where you need to be at the center to make the most of it (Lacerating Auras, Knife Dance) and excellent defensive options or even panic buttons (Wave of Denial, Decoy, now Lightspeed and the control grenades). We also had the weapons fitting the gameplay theme of the assassin scaled with Tactics to give a few more options for this build.
These mutations are available to everyone by default for testing purposes at the moment.
- When locked, the Rampager will now launch her attacks without waiting to be in range of the player. This will prevent cases where she will go on rampage, get locked, then attack the player without warning as soon as they get close.
- Increased level of items from Cursed Chest and Legendary Altar by one.
- One-time damage buffs (from Grappling Hook and Counter Attack affix) don’t trigger on some minor damage dealt (arrow affixes, grenade affix, Crossbow hook, Phaser, Grappling Hook itself).
- Disengagement now removes all poison on the beheaded when it triggers.
- Poison will no longer kill you, but bring you down to 1HP instead. This will prevent some deaths that could feel unfair while still being pretty threatening.
- Valmont’s Whip is now a Brutality/ Tactic weapon instead of Brutality/ Survival. It’s survival scaling was justified back in the days when it was quite a slow weapon. It’s not the case anymore, while a good positioning (a staple of Tactic gameplay) is still required to get the most out of the weapon.
- Grappling Hook is now Tactics/Brutality instead of Tactics/Survival as being well positioned is needed to optimally using the weapon, but it fits the brutality playstyle more than the survival one.
- Magnetic Grenade is now a Brutality/Tactic weapon. Keep your foes from approaching while your turrets shred them.
- Ripper damage increased.
- Parting Gifts range and damage slightly increased.
- Phaser won’t trigger Thorny’s back damage anymore.
- Hook cooldown now resets when missing.
- Knife Thrower has been taken out from the ramparts to reduce the number of range enemies, from Clock Tower to reduce the number of invisible enemies and from Toxic Sewers where the knife thrower was redundant with the Scorpion (samey kind of horizontal range, invisible).
- Inquisitor has been taken out of the Cavern (redundant with its three-hands bigger brother Arbiter).
- Added a light in each trap room in Forgotten Sepulcher.
Graphics & UI
- Infected Food now appears green on the mini-map.
- Added an icon above enemies that still have a blueprint unlockable while wielding the Hunter’s Grenade.
Quality of life
- Added key bindings to move the camera with the keyboard (IJKL by default).
- A certain enemy in a certain really challenging fight can now throw fireballs from inside the wall. This sounds like a bug but I swear its actually a fix. Pinky promise.
- The elite skill Cage will now correctly follow the elite mob when charging up again. Charge time was also increased a little for better readability.
- The Parting Gift now correctly scales with your Tactics level.
- Great Owl of War now correctly follows you through sub-levels.
- Prevented Legendary Altar from spawning in front of mini-teleporters.
- Root Grenade now applies poison or bleed correctly when it has the corresponding affix.
- Corrosive Cloud and Bloodthirsty Shield now work correctly with the affix “bleeding causes poisoning.”
- Slasher‘s third strike will not go over gaps anymore.
- Kamikaze in Prison Depths or Ancient Sewers won’t drop keys anymore. A kamikaze would not drop its key if it killed itself, and killing one while it was flying over a wall would make the key appear in weird places. This should fix all that.
- Various crash fixes. Complicated dev stuff, semi-colons and all that.
- Fixed Slammer and Rampager sometimes levitating. We listened to you, and now they will never feel the breeze under their wings again. You monsters.
- Friendly Worms no longer freeze enemy attacks.
- Replaced “stun” by “root” in The Boy’s Axe description.
- Fixed “Legenday” typo in difficulty choice panel.
- Magnetic Grenade will not turn friendly bombs or traps into grenades anymore
- No more stalactites falling after killing the Giant.
- Parry Shield now parries grenade on the ground without a small delay.
- Fixed enemies teleporting to you even when invisible in BC4+.
- Fixed Hook not applying its affixes to the next attack.
- Fixed being able to parry the horizontal AOE elite skill multiple times.
- Fixed Slasher shockwave hitbox.
- Fixed Failed Experiment not taking damage from spikes on the ground.
- Fixed Zombie jumping hitbox preceding the visuals.
- Fixed weird hit detection of Magistrate of Death.
- Fixed the legendary forge displaying the wrong error message sometimes.
- Fixed being able to stomp with your body when using homunculus rune while climbing a ladder.
- Fixed Protectors shielding Friendly Worms.
- Fixed some Spikes hitboxes.
- Fixed DOT and other alternative sources of damage not having increased damages in the very last phase of a certain secret boss.
- Fixed the prisonner floating in the air when climbing a wall with a platform behind his back.
- Multi-state items (Tonic, Vampirism, Great Owl of War, Lightspeed, etc.) don’t swap places when used on the left slot anymore.
- Additional notes: none
- Source: Motion Twin
Dead Cells – Ver. 1.1 (6e5fd4e00)
- Release date: February 14th 2019 (North America, Europe) / February 15th 2019 (Japan)
- Patch notes:
- A vast number of items have been updated to make them more useful or powerful. The idea here was to make many “auto-recycle” items much more interesting.
- New custom game mode released! You can now customize your runs the way you want, like unlocking/relocking items, enabling special gameplay adjustments, changing rules etc. You are under control, have fun :)
- Homunculus skill has been vastly improved: you can now grab your own turrets, cancel a grab, it deals more damage, breaks invisibility etc.
- Most mutations have been reworked & balanced in order to make some of them more useful. See other notes for more details.
- The “mob auto-scaling” mechanic has been removed completely. All the levels now have a fixed “difficulty” that won’t adapt to you in weird ways anymore. This affects the game in the following ways:
– in 0-cell mode: things will be a little bit easier (just a little bit)
– in 1 & 2-cells modes: difficulty is roughly the same as before
– in 3 & 4-cells modes: you’ll have to be really careful to be properly equipped before getting to late levels (picking cursed chests scrolls is highly recommended)
- All the cooldown reduction mechanic has been redone from scratch. The mutations that granted free CD reduction (for active skills and grenades) were removed. They were replaced by 4 new mutations to give you new active ways to reduce your skill cooldowns: by killing enemies in close combat, by killing at distance, by parrying and by dealing critical hits.
For example, one of these mutations reduces all your ongoing skills cooldowns by 2.5 sec for each successful shield parry, and this time value even increases based on your Survival stat.
The one that reduces CD for each critical hit is a new colorless mutation that will scale on your highest stat.
- Bosses no longer drop Legendary items, but 1 weapon and 1 active skill instead. Legendaries are now “world drop”, so you may encounter them when killing mobs or on the new “legendary altars”. The level generator has also been adjusted to ensure you find a “Legendary Altar” in most of your runs. You may also get legendaries as rewards of advanced challenges, like beating a boss without getting hit.
- Damage Reduction has been heavily reworked. Most items no longer grant DR anymore, their power has been increased as a compensation. Damage Reduction is not a mandatory strategy anymore and the whole game difficulty has been rebalanced accordingly.
- You can upgrade the Forge with the Collector and unlock the ability to upgrade an item quality more than once.
- Balanced the way money profits/costs scale on higher difficulty settings. Costs now scale faster than profits. Also, Recycling profits are no longer based on the the buying cost of the item, but on its reselling value, which scales slower (TLDR; recycling no longer breaks the whole economy).
- New secret holes can now spawn below your feet. Pay attention to hidden runes in the ground and use your stomp move to break them!
- Most mobs in 4-cells difficulty are now more aggressive: they can teleport, they have a better detection range and they cannot be distracted by deployed traps.
- New challenge doors in transition levels will require you to kill X enemies without getting hit in a row. Their rewards are equivalent to Timed Doors. Note you can get hit before or after a serie of X kills, this won’t invalidate this challenge.
- New challenge doors after bosses will grant Legendary items if you kill a Boss without getting hit once.
- Timed doors have all been moved to transition levels. They now offer a multi-purpose reward instead of Scrolls. You can now choose 1 reward for free among 3 (picked among weapons, skills and talismans). Their quality level (+/++/S) is guaranteed, based on the current difficulty setting.
- Healing items (Tonic) & mutations (Necromancy, What doesn’t kill me) now heal a percentage of your max life, and this percentage scales with your stats.
- Elites enemies have been reworked. All of them will now have an additional random elite skill in addition of all their normal skills. Expect many different things, from lightning walls, clones or shield pylons.
- Killing a mob while the homunculus is stuck on it no longer triggers the homunculus skill cooldown, allowing you to use constantly, as long as your target dies. If you recall it before the enemy death, it will trigger the penalty cooldown.
- The Achievements are now visible ingame!
- You may now find Legendary Altars in some levels. They grant you a legendary item but you’ll have to kill all the nearby enemies first.
- Fighter Endurance is a new mutation that increases your HP by a percentage which scales with your Brutality.
- Upgrading items in Forge now costs a fixed flat price that doesn’t scale with difficulty. Upgrading “from ++ to S” for example should now be more affordable in BC3 & BC4.
- The Homunculus will now retract if it touches traps like Spikes.
- The 5th money blueprint is now available ingame.
- The way the player’s HP scales has been vastly rebalanced for Brutality and Tactic. You should have much more HP at higher levels, preventing from being one-shot (if your build is balanced).
Brutality used to give extra HP until level 14, it now caps at level 45 (30 for Tactic).
- Increased HP given for each scroll you pick. The new values are +60% HP for Brutality, +50% HP for Tactic and +70% HP for Survival.
- 3 shields are now Survival/Tactic: Punishment, Parry Shield and Knockback Shield.
- Electricity based weapons now deal critical hits if the target is standing in water.
- Elite sidekicks mobs can no longer be grabbed by Homunculus
- Increased (a lot) Homunculus DPS
- Using the Homunculus now breaks invisibility
- You can recall the homunculus when stuck on an enemy
- Fixed Homunculus enemy grab distance
- Community suggestion Pushing a grenade with a shield no longer triggers the “lock penalty timer” of the shield.
- Pushing grenades lying on the ground using the Parry Shield now properly creates additional bonus grenade.
- Magnet grenade deals electric damage (crits in water)
- Countered bullets can now fly through walls if the countered bullet does.
- Countered bullets now pierce first enemy.
- Player Turrets no longer block enemy bullets.
- Fixed elite Inquisitor wake distance (at last!)
- Homunculus can now climb ladders.
- Countered bullets will now go back to the enemy that sent it (yes, we’re looking at you, Inquisitor!)
- Fixed Lightning Whip not dealing electricity damage in water
- The frontline shield (which won the “Most useless thing” award in 2017) has been updated. It can now be holded to grant invincibility, but this ability needs to be recharged (using parries or just waiting). It’s no longer a zombie blueprint.
- Vampirism has been redesigned: it now causes bleeding to all nearby enemies and you get free healing when you kill them. It recharges when using your potion.
- Tonic recharges when using your healing potion. It’s blueprint requirement was removed too, so it’s available very early in any new game.
- Partial hits (like the ones you get from blocking instead of parrying with a shield) no longer give you Infection markers.
- Spiteful sword no longer stun enemies if the attack wasn’t successful (eg. hitting a shield)
- Added and fixed scores on some monsters for Daily Run Mode
- Homunculus comes back to you if your main body gets hit.
- Fixed elites level
- Legendary items rerolls at the Forge are now much more expensive, as expected.
- Balanced refine/reroll costs for most items at the Forge. S-tier items cost much more gold in the Forge.
- Ice Crossbow now has a much higher shooting rate but its range has been decreased.
- Almost tripled the pickup distance of some precious rewards (gold teeth, gold cells etc.)
- Removed incompatible affixes for the Frantic Sword (like “moar damage when full life”).
- The Electric Whip has been updated: it deals more damage and has a 3-steps attack sequence.
- All gems are now automatically picked up as you walk past them.
- Poison cloud now scales damage instead of giving damage reduction.
- Shields no longer grant damage reduction. Parry damage has been increased for many of them.
- “Combo” mutation deals much more damage but lasts less time.
- Vengeance mutation now reduces damage taken by a fixed percentage after getting hit.
- YOLO mutation now locks its mutation slot if it was consumed (you cannot remove it). You can still remove it if it wasn’t used.
- You don’t get any healing from food when you have the “Dead Inside” mutation.
- Increased damage reduction on “Tough Nut” mutation. It now grants you a move speed buff when you get hit by a trap.
- “Ripper” mutation now removes up to 3 arrows from enemy’s body, dealing damage for each arrow.
- The “Melee” mutation lasts a little bit longer if the conditions are not met anymore (2 mobs or mob around you).
- New perk reset costs (very cheap on first use, very expensive for all the next ones).
- “Gastronomy” mutation now grants a DPS buff when you recycle food. This buff lasts 5 min and stacks. It still increases food efficiency if you eat it.
- “Counter Attack” mutation deals almost twice more damage.
- Cluster bombs spread much farther and each sub grenade deals more damage. It also has a slightly higher attack breach chance.
- Oil Grenade now applies oil on twice larger area, and it lasts longer.
- Ice Bow now deals more damage but its freeze duration is now 0.5s. This weapon is meant to be an long-range “interrupt” weapon.
- Fire grenade now scales its damage with the item level and no longer grants damage reduction.
- The Boomerang weapon now goes through all enemies, making it much easier to play. It no longer crits, but its damage were been increased accordingly.
- You may now drop a temporary “increased cell drops” bonus from enemies.
- Affixes like “Shoot an arrow in front of you” or “Throw a grenade” can no longer interrupt enemy attacks.
- Nut Cracker no longer stuns enemies but deals critical strikes to frozen/stun/rooted enemies instead.
- Doubled Spartan Sandal knockback power.
- Swarm Grenade now invokes 2 minions but can be repeated to have up to 8 minions. It now has a 1 sec cooldown. Minions last much longer, and disappear if they are too far from you.
- Alienation mutation now increases the number of enemies you have to kill by +50%
- Acceptance mutation now inflicts Curses when you eat food.
- Cursed Items no longer have a “+20% dmg taken” penalty (which never actually worked anyway, thanks to a bug). They are now always “++” tier and Colorless.
- Increased Alchemic Gun attack speed (the DPS didn’t change).
- Toxic Cloud is now an “acid” cloud that inflicts bleeding and poisoning. It lasts twice longer.
- Elemental affixes (ie. “extra damage on fire/bleed/poison”) have been balanced. Fire got nerfed.
- Sadism mutation was removed.
- “Open wounds” is a new mutation that inflicts bleeding on every critical hits you deal to enemies.
- You can no longer use your Homunculus while cursed.
- Pyrotechnics weapon deals less damage and has a slightly longer initial casting time.
- Fire Blast weapon description has been updated and its range has been increased.
- Oil disappears more quickly on burning enemies.
- Punishment Shield deals more damage and repels + stuns nearby enemies.
- Death Orb now explodes after a specific amount of damage dealt, or if the player is too far.
- Slow-down effect after freezing now has a diminishing return limit (ie. it no longer works after X uses on the same enemy).
- “Long Slow-down after freeze” affix now is 2x longer instead of 4x.
- Lightning Bolt weapon can now be held beyond the overflow limit. You’ll just take damage as long as you hold it.
- Death Orb no longer has a “rally effect” (recover recently lost HP).
- Frost blast now has limited ammunition that automatically refills over time. It also has a slightly longer recovery time.
- The speed buff you get from killing enemies is now twice higher and lasts slightly longer.
- The Grappling Hook now adds a percentage based damage buff that scales with your stats and stuns the victim on your first attack.
- Polished and balanced the Time Keeper! Will be more difficult to beat!
- Balanced some item prices.
- Spartan Sandal has a much faster casting time and now has a 3-steps attack sequence. The last attack ignores most knock-back resistances.
- The Rapier “crit window” lasts longer after a roll, allowing for more critical hits if you’re fast enough.
- Repeating Crossbow now roots enemies and has 4x more ammo. It inflicts critical hits to rooted targets.
- Repeating Crossbow is now a Tactic/survival weapon
- Increased quality level of all items in shops.
- Reduced “extra damage on slowed down target” to 25%
- Fixed item duplication exploit.
- Blood Sword bleed lasts much longer but inflicts less damage.
- Increased Hand of the King root resist.
- All the unused cells you have with you after you beat the Hand of the King will drop in a bag at the beginning of your next game, in the Prison.
- Slightly increased Heavy Turret damage.
- Increased Powerful Grenade damage so it’s now actually much more powerful. Its cooldown was decreased.
- Infantry Grenade has a lower cooldown.
- Added “Bleed on parry” affix.
- The BroadSword now inflicts critical hits on 2nd & 3rd strikes.
- Balanced Blade has almost no chance to interrupt enemy attacks (ie. stagger).
- Elite sidekicks no longer stop arrows.
- Boomerang can no longer receive “Ammo +3” affix.
- Decreased Cudgel damage.
- Spiteful sword now deals critical hits if you’re cursed OR if you got hit up to 8 sec ago.
- Acceptance mutation now inflicts 5 curses when eating food.
- Prevented some affixes to be added to skills with very short cooldown (ie. Swarm).
- Corrupted Power cooldown was halved.
- “Bow & Endless Quiver” now deals more damage and inflicts a critical hit on last arrow.
- Quick Bow deals more dmg for critical hits and has 1 extra ammo.
- Duplex bow now shoots 3-arrows at a time and is considered a Tactic/Survival weapon. It’s slower, but deals more damage.
- Decreased Fire Grenade cooldown.
- Decreased Explosive Decoy cooldown.
- Decreased Lacerating Aura cooldown.
- Decreased Wings of the Crow cooldown.
- Dead Inside mutation now increases your HP by +50%.
- Mobs attacked by the Homunculus will now aggro the hero in BC4.
- Impaler spear now has knockback effect when hitting enemies.
- Infantry Grenade now deals about twice more damage.
- Beating the HotK is now rewarded with cells.
- Fire Turret cooldown is now twice shorter.
- Phazer cooldown was reduced.
- Wave of Denial is now twice more powerful, its cooldown is twice shorter and it can repel enemy bullets.
- Lacerating Aura can no longer interrupt (stagger) enemy attacks.
- Lacerating Aura has a shorter cooldown and a slightly larger area of effect.
- Limited the frequency of scrolls on mobs.
- Fixed DashShield not properly stopping Thorny mobs when they roll over your face.
- Punishment Shield inflicts damage to nearby enemies when blocking arrows or deflecting bombs. Its damage was slightly increased.
- Player’s diving attack no longer stuns enemies if they are under a full shield protection.
- Ice Shard weapon now throws 3 grenades at a time, is twice faster and slows down enemies for twice longer.
- Scrolls lying on the ground should no longer be too close from each others in levels.
- Updated Roofs & Clock tower for speed runners.
- Added a connection between Prison Depths and Ancient Sewers that requires 1 activated boss cell.
- Sepulchre now has 5 triple scrolls and no doubles.
- Ancient Sewers now have 4 triple scrolls and no doubles.
- Cemetery lost 1 triple scroll.
- Added 3 boss-rune locked doors to Fog Fjord village.
- Added 2 boss-cell locked doors and a few extra stuff in Ancient Sewers.
- Removed many rooms from Ancient Sewers to make it shorter.
- Minor balance adjustments in Prison Depths.
- Rooms added for Ossuary and The promenade of the Condemned
- New traps added in secret portals!
- Triggered doors now open almost instantly when walking on a pressure plate.
- Minor level design fixes
- Added permanent lights near boss-cell locked doors in Sepulchre.
- Spikes in the Throne room now retract after the HotK combat.
- Sewer rooms have been updated : the sewers are now narrower
Graphics & UI
- Lightning Bolt color feedback is now more legible.
- The forcefield wall fx (the one surrounding some bosses) has been updated & optimized
- Pause & map are now available in Homunculus mode
- Added cooldown feedbacks to homunculus skill (hero eye changes color)
- Fixed blood shield showing an area effect on blocking instead of on parrying only.
- Added a feedback to invite you to choose a item to replace
- Some polishes on Pause and HUD: you can now see if an item is a colorless or legendary, and see what tier is used for it
- Fixed boss lifebar weird resizing
- Some little UI fixes
- Bats position on ceil has been improved
- Pendulum can be tingled by bullets now.
- Added cell animation in Collector UI
- Improved camera during Boss Battle
- Added a label in Save UI to know if these are from the Early Access.
- Clock Tower: fixed color doors and polish in background
- Cursed Treasure have now a background + the treasure color in the map
- Added various feedback on various UI window
- Added a fourth panel in GameInfos to show the current gameplay modifiers
- You can no longer access to superior forge rank if you don’t have the required boss cells.
- The door behind the Guillain’s Mutation shop now shows a better explanation if you try to open it while it’s locked.
- “Nerves of Steel” bow and “Boomerang” skins have been updated.
- Improved a lot of UI for our mouse users!
- Updated some confusing translations (“victim burns”, etc)
- Fixed Hayabusa Gauntlets description.
- Added a limit to the “critical hits” related screen flashing.
- Made many cinematic animations (like teleporting, or crossing doors) a little bit faster.
- Added “Resist” feedback on mobs that can resist to all slow-down effects (ie. Hand of the King)
- Fixed Twin Daggers damage in its description.
- Weapons that have unconditional critical hits (like Twin Dagger or Broadsword) now only show a single DPS value in their description.
- Long-press feedback (like when recycling items) now shows up on top of everything.
- You can now break hidden wall blocks using the “Activate” button/key (useful if they are difficult to hit with your current weapons).
- Removed blood fx for critical hits on background props.
- Ammo stuck on Hand of the King now drop if he jumps.
- Fixed Hand of the King attack that did damage the player before the animation actually hits. It also no longer hits player if he’s behind the boss on 3rd strike.
- Fixed Hand of the King issues with Bear Traps.
- Lightnings generated by an affix no longer hit nearby doors.
- DirectX “device removed” errors are now handled correctly.
- Fixed Infection reset exploit during loading screens.
- You can now sell an item directly from a dual altar.
- Fixed crash after reloading a game during a Gameplay Twitch vote
- Oil Grenade now applies oil on its target properly, even if the target was already burning.
- Deflecting a grenade with a shield now properly triggers shield “on successful parry” effects (if they can apply), and it no longer locks player controls for 0.5s.
- The Hunter Grenade no longer has any gameplay affix.
- Ally worms no longer attack doors
- Fixed bullets through walls exploit
- Homunculus attacks can no longer be blocked by shields.
- Fixed multi activating item with one activate button push
- The Collector door will automaticaly open if you have nothing to unlock
- Fixed blueprints not showed in Collector UI the first time
- Fixed gastronomy mutation description
- The mouse cursor is now correctly hidden (DirectX version)
- Fixed PoisonSkin affix (poison enemies if you receive dmg) affecting mobs that shouldn’t be affectable.
- Boss Cell should no longer drop in spikes after HotK combat.
- The first bomb (that splits into smaller ones) thrown by the Grenader enemy now properly inflicts damage.
- Fixed small grenades from Grenader mobs that couldn’t be countered.
- Wrenchip whip no longer ignore shields on 3rd hit (it’s a kick, not a whip hit).
- Fixed Elite Archer asynchronous attack anim.
- Fixed asynchronous animations when a mob is slowed down (using frost weapons for example).
- Fixed Wave of Denial being sometime resisted for no reason.
- Fixed enemy bumps (like using Spartan or Wave of Denial) being resisted for no reason.
- Fixed Spartan boots hit box (not hitting enemies that are too close from you).
- Additional notes: none
- Source: Motion Twin
How to download updates for Dead Cells for the Nintendo Switch?
To download the updates for Dead Cells, you have three options:
- let the console do its thing if you have automatic downloads activated, and didn’t completely turn it off
- try to launch the game from the Home Menu while being connected to the internet. You should get a prompt when doing so: simply follow the instructions on screen;
- select the game > press either + or – to go to the Options page > select Software update > select Via the Internet.
To check that you have the latest version installed, simply select the game on the Home Menu, and press – or + to go to the Options: the version number is displayed just below the game title.