On this page, you will find all there is to know about the various Software updates for Dandara on Nintendo Switch (originally released on February 6th 2018 in Europe, North America, and Japan).
How to download updates for Dandara for the Nintendo Switch?
To download the updates for Dandara, you have three options:
- let the console do its thing if you have automatic downloads activated, and didn’t completely turn it off
- try to launch the game from the Home Menu while being connected to the internet. You should get a prompt when doing so: simply follow the instructions on screen;
- select the game > press either + or – to go to the Options page > select Software update > select Via the Internet.
To check that you have the latest version installed, simply select the game on the Home Menu, and press – or + to go to the Options: the version number is displayed just below the game title.
Click here for more Software updates!
Dandara – Ver. 1.0.4
- Release date: June 10th 2019 (Europe, North America, Japan)
- Patch notes:
- Rebalancing of the difficulty curve and general quality updates
- Shorter time for using essences (Health and Energy flasks).
- Rebalancing the last boss challenge, for a more fun and fairer one.
- Rebalancing of the Dream Lands.
- Redesign of the Mosquito enemy.
- Sound alert when Dandara is at low health.
- New Game+/Challenge options added after finishing the game for the first time. The following can be turned on:
- Permadeath. Dandara dies permanently without the ability to respawn.
- Harsh Wounds, Dandara takes double damage.
- No Grinding, Pleas of Salt can only be found in chests, meaning enemies or destructible objects won’t drop them anymore.
- Vengefule Enemies, every enemy spawn a revenge bullet in Dandara’s direction when killed. The revenge bullet can be cancelled by leaping through it while it is stationary.
- Easy options added. The following can be enabled:
- Unlimited Energy, secondary powers won’t drain energy.
- After dying, respawn at the last door entered. nables the player to retry the challenge of each room without the need of bracktracking to it.
- More Flags mode, which adds more checkpoint flags throughout the map.
- Expanded the Crib of Creations area for better onboarding with the game’s mechanic and flow.
- Additional features for veteran Dandara players:
- “Hidden” skip cutscene command: L Button – Quick Double Press
- Skip Crib of Creation: At The Void, after destroying the first target and opening the door, another target appears floating on the leftmost possible range of that scene. Shoot there to skip the Crib of Creation new tutorial rooms.
- Additional notes: none.
- Source: Raw Fury (Nintendo Switch News)
Dandara – Ver. ???
- Release date: September 10th 2018 (Europe, North America, Japan)
- Patch notes:
- High damage attacks on Dandara now screen shake.
- [Nintendo Switch] You can now record videos with the share button.
- Added an “Align with Camera” button! Now the map can be rotated in the map screen so the camera’s north is also the map’s north. So no back and forth between doors to see where you are going anymore.
- More details added on the map, in hope that would diminish useless backtracking.
- Added smarter helpers to jump aim: the game will “know” that you want to go to another platform a little bit better now, even after you’re already locked to another platform.
- The Location of Dandara’s active spirit is now disclosed in the map.3
- You can now turn off Vibration.
- Now the path to discover the Breach in The Wall was blocked off by only being accessible with the Remembrance Stone.
- Wall Siblings have way more personality through sound!
- Scythe Soldier and Golden Sorcerer now dodge after being hit. No more beating them with a succession of Jonny B. Missiles!
- Scythe Soldier and Golden Sorcerers have improved AI that make them avoid walls and each other.
- Sound in the Triangle Soldier improved!
- Dreamworld’s Fake Village path has better enemy placement and progression design.
- Dreamworld’s Hidden Treasure has different Level Design to make it less nauseating and the battles more spaced.
- Improved the Golden Fortress design and enemy placement. More information to the player as she can plan better while invading the Fortress.
- Triangle shots from Angular Soldiers now deal 2 damage (was 3 damage).
- Lotus Projectiles now deal 1 damage (was 2 damage).
- Skull Trap Projectiles now deal 2 damage (was 3 damage).
- Eldar shots got buffed (1 damage to 2 damage).
- Salt ghosts now recover all your health on contact, instead of half, including your own.
- Special Weapons are no longer “super effective” on Bull Soldiers.
- Desert of Remembrance’ s Army room can no longer soft lock players.
- Changed various salt patches and enemy placement throughout the game!
- Basher enemy animation bug fixed!
- Damage bugs that made repeated contacts weird fixed!
- Dreamworlds platform without any mass fixed!
- ‘No Distractions achievement’ could be done with a different value.
- [Nintendo Switch] The game no longer counts time in sleep mode.
- Completionist achievement now working.
- Dandara’s Salt Spirits no longer get stuck in geometry.
- Fixed bug where you can get soft locked after getting killed by Eldar no longer happens.
- Fixed bug where you could kill the first form of Eldar if you shot a Skull Shaft that pointed in the same direction as his movement.
- Last boss’ corners are no longer weak points.