Today’s Daily news: Outbreak: Epidemic announced for the Nintendo Switch, but also…
- Family Feud
- YouTubers Life OMG Edition
- Fire Emblem Heroes
- Pokémon GO
Dead Drop Studios have announced their first game for the Nintendo Switch: Outbreak: Epidemic. It will be released on October 22nd in Europe and North America, and it’s now available for digital pre-purchase for $12.74 (regular price from October 28th: $14.99).
This version of the game features some improvements and exclusive features:
- On the Nintendo Switch, players will face the nightmare up close through over-the-shoulder combat and exploration in a fully-optimized port that makes the most out of Nintendo’s portable – leveraging Joy-Con controllers, the console’s touchscreen, and HD Rumble!
- Quality Mode/Frame Rate Mode (Options Menu): Quality mode features higher quality graphics with full dynamic shadows. Frame rate mode turns off full dynamic shadows thus greatly improving frame rate across the board.
- Portable Gameplay: The only game in the Outbreak series to be playable on a handheld device. The full content is here, uncut.
- Tabletop 2-Player Co-Op: Play through the game with a friend in tabletop mode – or together in docked full-screen mode – using Joy-Con controllers. The Switch Pro Controller is supported as well!
Here’s a trailer, some details, the list of key features, and some screenshots:
The latest co-op survival horror game from Dead Drop Studios, Outbreak: Epidemic is the most polished, biggest Outbreak game yet – dripping with scares, atmosphere, and the nearly endless replayability you’ve come to expect from the Outbreak series.
Outbreak: Epidemic is powered by the next-generation Outbreak engine and includes the Campaign, Onslaught, and Experiments modes from the Steam version – all sporting classic tough-as-nails gameplay for true survival horror aficionados.
- Claustrophobic over-the-shoulder gameplay.
- Classic Story, Onslaught, and Experiments modes available in solo play or co-op.
- Local 2-player split-screen co-op.
- Several firearms and melee weapon choices.
- Multiple difficulty settings: Easy, Normal, Biohazard, and Nightmare!
- No Internet connection required.
- Search areas, read logs, find keys, and solve puzzles to survive.
- Quality and Performance modes may be selected from Options screen.
- Supports Switch Pro Controller, Joy-Cons in tabletop mode, and HD Rumble.
And that’s not all: the four other entries in the series are also headed to the Nintendo Switch, and will be released in the upcoming weeks.
Outbreak: Epidemic (Switch – eShop) comes out on October 22nd in Europe and North America.
Source: Dead Drop Studios PR
Heads up for players interested in Carto: it’s now available for pre-order on the Nintendo eShop in Europe and North America.
Here’s a short trailer:
Carto is a chill adventure game wrapped around a unique, world-shifting puzzle mechanic. Use this power to explore mysterious lands, help a quirky cast of new friends, and guide Carto on her journey home.
Carto (Switch – eShop) comes out on October 27th in Europe and North America.
Ubisoft have announced their latest game for the Nintendo Switch: Family Feud. It will be released on November 12th in the United States, Canada, Mexico, UK, Australia, and New Zealand.
Here’s some details and the list of key features:
Family Feud allows players to answer over 1,500 official Family Feud surveys and compete with up to ten players in two teams, online and through local multiplayer.
- Classic mode: Players can participate in Classic mode with up to five players against an AI for the authentic Family Feud experience.
- Party Battle mode: This mode will pit group versus group to battle in local multiplayer.
- Couch vs. Couch mode: Players can feud with players across the world in online multiplayer.
- Live Show feature: In this dedicated mode for streamers, Twitch or YouTube Live streamers can broadcast their games and play with their viewers.
- Character customisation: Players can create characters and unlock customisation items, experience points and special titles by playing more games.
Family Feud (Switch – eShop) comes out on November 12th in the United States, Canada, Mexico, UK, Australia, and New Zealand.
Source: Ubisoft PR
YouTubers Life OMG Edition
Raiser Games and U-Play Online have announced that they will release YouTubers Life OMG Edition in Japan on October 29th. It will cost 3 500 Yen.
Here’s some screenshots:
YouTubers Life OMG Edition (Switch – eShop) comes out on October 29th in Japan.
Fire Emblem Heroes
Here’s the preview video and character artworks for the latest Summoning Focus in Fire Emblem Heroes, Goddess’s Servants, which runs from October 19th to November 6th:
Niantic have announced a new type of events for Pokémon GO: Catch Mastery. The first one is all about Ghost Pokémon, and will take place on October 25th (AM to 10PM local time).
Here’s some details:
- Drifloon will be appearing more often in the wild! If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny one.
- There will be exclusive Timed Research available only during this event!
- Complete event-exclusive Field Research tasks to encounter Ghost-type Pokémon and earn Gengar Mega Energy.
- During this event, you’ll earn additional XP when catching Pokémon with Nice, Great, Excellent, and Curveball Throws.