Today’s Daily news: Astria Ascending announced for the Nintendo Switch, but also…
- Blue Reflection: Second Light
- Rocket League
- Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu
- Tool Assisted Speedruns
Dear Villagers have announced their latest game for the Nintendo Switch: Astria Ascending, a turn-based RPG developed by Artisan Studios. It will be released later this year worldwide, with 3goo publishing it in Japan.
Here’s two videos (trailer and a Meet the Creators video), some details, the list of key features, and some screenshots:
An epic adventure with the charm and pedigree of a classic JRPG, Astria Ascending tells an expansive story of fate, sacrifice and new beginnings. The game was developed in partnership with publisher Dear Villagers and boasts contributions from world-class JRPG developers, with a score by Hitoshi Sakimoto (Final Fantasy XII, Vagrant Story), narrative by Kazushige Nojima (Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy VII Remake) and art from CyDesignation (Akihiko Yoshida and Hideo Minaba).
In a world where chaos looms, players take control of the Demigods – a motley crew of eight heroes charged with the fate of the world. Each character has their own story, explored across five cities, 25 dungeons and 30 hours of gameplay up to 50 for 100 percent of completion. Along with the finely tuned turn-based combat, players can try out a range of side quests and mini-games, including an original fantasy-themed token game.
- Epic tales: Fight for the future while you reckon with the past; sacrifice everything, relinquish nothing. The story of Astria Ascending was developed in part by writer Kazushige Nojima, known for his work on Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy VII Remake.
- Living landscapes: Travel the world of Orcanon, a richly imagined and fully animated 2D landscape with five cities and a dynamic weather system.
- Unforgettable characters: Pick from eight customizable player characters spanning a range of fantastical races and skills, and assemble a diverse team of heroes.
- Rewarding combat: Work together to save the world, waging strategic turn-based battles using the innovative focus point system.
- A treat for the ears: With music and SFX from composer Hitoshi Sakimoto (Final Fantasy XII, Valkyria Chronicles), Astria Ascending is a heart-swelling joy to listen to.
Astria Ascending (Switch) comes out later this year worldwide.
Source: Dear Villagers PR
Blue Reflection: Second Light
Koei-Tecmo have announced their latest game for the Nintendo Switch: Blue Reflection: Second Light, the second entry in the Blue Reflection series. No release date yet, but the company have confirmed the game will get a western release!
Blue Reflection: Second Light (Switch) does not have a release date yet.
Source: Koei-Tecmo (Twitter)
Here’s the latest videos for Rocket League, including the trailer for Season 3 (which kicks off on April 7th):
Here’s the latest video for Minecraft:
Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu
Here’s the 3rd episode of the official Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu web anime series:
Tool Assisted Speedruns
Here’s the latest Tool Assisted Speedrun videos for Nintendo platforms:
- Lethal Enforcers (SNES) by Lobsterzelda in 35:10.31
- Saiyuuki World (NES) by aiqiyou & J.Y in 11:36.42
- Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GameBoy Advance) “Simon, Hard, Boss Rush” in 07:51.27 by Robert_Ordis.
The Upcoming Games page has been updated!