A few weeks ago, Warner Bros. announced Cars 3: Drive to Win, which will be released on Nintendo Switch but also on Wii U. And yesterday, the publisher shared a new trailer for the game, showing some gameplay footage proper.
Here it is:
Warner Bros. also sent a press release to detail the various game modes available in the game. It turns out there’s 6 of them in total:
- Race: Players can hop onto the tracks against Lightning McQueen and the gang to rev up for the ultimate challenge.
- Stunt Showcase: Players can race off of ramps to catch air and perform as many tricks as possible before time runs, earning points for successful tricks and safe landings.
- Best Lap Challenge: Players can race against their own best time, as they attempt to set a new track record.
- Playground: An area where players can go racing, perform stunts and engage in challenges, or simply drive around for fun at their own pace. There are no rules! Practice stunts, engage in challenges or simply cruise around for endless fun.
- Takedown: Collect and use a variety of power-ups to eliminate as many crash karts as possible, and when time runs out, the player with the most points wins.
- Battle Race: Players are able to collect and use power-ups, putting their cars to the test in races against family and friends to become the Ultimate Champion.
What’s more, Cars 3: Driven to Win will also feature 4 Master-Level Events, where you will be able to face off Mater the Greater, Miss Fritter, Chick Hicks, and Jackson Storm.
Cars 3: Driven to Win (Switch, Wii U) will be released on June 13th in North America, July 12th in Europe (Nintendo Switch), July 14th in Europe (Wii U), and July 20th in Japan (Nintendo Switch only).
Source: Warner Bros PR