Bleak Sword DX to offer diorama-sized battles to Nintendo Switch owners later this year
Devolver Digital have announced their latest game for the Nintendo Switch: Bleak Sword DX, a lo-fi battler originally released on Apple Arcade. It will be released later this year in Europe and North America.
Here’s a trailer for the game:
Bleak Sword DX is a dark fantasy action game offering mesmerizing diorama-sized battles. This version of the game features various improvements and addition compared to the Apple Arcade release:
- new “elegant” controls
- 3 new game modes
- DX includes all original Bleak Sword chapters plus the three DLC chapters complete with new level and enemy layouts.
- Randomizer throws players into a remixed version of the original game where levelling up or facing bosses in order is not guaranteed.
- Boss Rush challenges players to face all 12 bosses back to back, with only one health bar.
- various gameplay improvements
- New attacks, parries and counters compliment a streamlined control system designed specifically for PC & console, while enhanced enemy AI makes them more unpredictable.
- various graphic improvements
- New post processing effects, adaptive depth of field and a series of filters give Bleak Sword DX a fresh lick of paint, while particle effects, foliage and weather enhancements bring a new level of atmosphere and immersion to the world.
Here’s some more details and some screenshots for the game:
Pure, thrilling and wonderfully cruel, Bleak Sword DX is a dark fantasy action game challenging warriors to fight their way through compact, cursed diorama battlefields. Newly updated for PC & Switch, Bleak Sword DX expands on the critically acclaimed Apple Arcade version with elegant controls, three new game modes, and multiple gameplay and graphical improvements.
Through twelve tense and deeply atmospheric chapters, heroes must lift the curse of the legendary Bleak Sword by striking down all manner of horrifying creatures across an oppressive world wielding fierce weaponry and powerful magic.
This striking experience is scored by award-winning composer Jim Guthrie, with sound provided by famed designer Joonas Turner.
Bleak Sword DX (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet, but is slated for a 2023 release in Europe and North America.