Yesterday, the first episode of the 3rd season of the Attack on Titan anime series aired in Japan. Koei-Temco took advantage of this to announce a new Software update for Attack on Titan 2, to be released on August 9th worldwide.
This new update adds various new features and new content to the game:
Kenny’s hat for your original character
The update will add the hat worn by Kenny Ackermann, one of the key characters of the 3rd season of the Attack on Titan anime series. You will be able to have your original character wear it, but if you want, why try to create an original character that looks like Kenny instead?
New difficulty level: Heaven
If you choose this difficulty level, you will be able to fully concentrate on the action: it gives you unlimited amount of gas, blades, and other consumables.
With this update, you will be able to have your original character equip the unique skills from story characters (only after they’ve reached Rank 1):
- Mikasa – Ultimate Blade Art: Greatly reduces blade durability losses on sufficiently speedy attacks.
- Armin – Natural Tactics: Allied soldiers’ attack power increases greatly as more soldiers fight together.
- Jean – Strength of Unity: Attack power increases greatly as more soldiers fight together.
- Conny – Easily Pleased: Greatly increases the damage of the next attack after acquiring a Complete Elimination medal.
- Sasha – Survival Instincts – Acquire multiple items when linking up with allied soldiers.
- Christa – Goddess Grin: Acquire multiple items when linking up with allied soldiers.
- Levi – Wings of Freedom – Press button repeatedly while attacking to perform a powerful multiple-hit attack.
- Hange – Research Heart: Greatly increases damage done by attacks using tools.
- Erwin – Devotee: Greatly increases attack power while a battle alert signal is raised and increases length of time effects last.
Practice modes for Showdown and Expulsion
Want to play Showdown and Expulsion, but only after practicing? You will be able to do just that, thanks to the new offline practice option for those two modes. Also, the developers have changed the completion reward for Titan Biological Research Report: instead of Titan Research Room EXP, it’s now a Generic Statement of Deployment. Finally, you will be able to carry out a Titan Biological Research Report without using any Wings of Freedom.
Here’s various other changes coming to the game:
- Functionality to choose the in-battle background music has been added to the selection screens for scout missions and past missions. Select from all unlocked BGM listed in the gallery.
- Multiple pieces of equipment can now be developed at once. Also, up to 30 materials can be chosen at a time when reinforcing equipment.
- Generic Statements of Deployment have been added to the regiment store.
- It is now possible to skip certain camerawork during battle.
For more details about the various Software updates for Attack on Titan 2, make sure to check out this page!
The next Software update for Attack on Titan 2 comes out on August 9th worldwide!