Update: Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp is now available in some countries and devices. It looks like Nintendo chose to roll out the app progressively (instead of releasing the game in all countries at once), so it may not be available in your country or device as of writing. Keep checking back!
Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp – Release details
A few days ago, we speculated that Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp would be released on November 21st, since that’s around that time various “events” related to the game were set to end. It turns out we were almost spot on, as Nintendo announced today that the game would get its worldwide release on November 22nd!
(However, if the release of Ver. 3.0 of Super Mario Run is any indication, it could very well be released on November 21st… at least, in some regions).
You can get the game from:
The app will officially launch in the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, United Kingdom United States.
And the following languages will be available:
- English (US)
- English (Europe/Australia)
- French (Canada)
- French (Europe)
- Spanish (Latin America)
- Spanish (Europe)
Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp – Technical details
Here’s the system requirements for the game:
- Android: Android OS 4.2 or newer. Rooted devices or those with non-stock ROMs will be blocked from even launching the app.
- iOS: iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad devices running iOS 9.0 or newer (not including the iPhone 4S/5/5c, iPad 2/3rd Generation/4th Generation/mini, and iPod Touch 5th Generation). Full list of compatible devices (as of launch day): iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch (6th generation).
The game requires about 350MB of free space.
Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp – Issues
If you’re encountering any issues with the game, make sure to check out this post (to be updated regularly).
Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp – My Nintendo
Click here for the list of rewards and missions!
Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp – More details
Make sure to check out the following posts for more details about the game:
- All you need to know
- Events and Content Updates
- My Nintendo
- List of issues (and possible fixes)
- List of confirmed animals
- Software updates