Last week, Mixtvision and kaleidoscube announced that A Juggler’s Tale will be released on September 29th in Europe and North America. They have since then shared some more details about the game, along with some more screenshots!
Here’s the additional details and the list of key features:
A Juggler’s Tale is a 2.5D side scrolling adventure presented in the form of a puppet play, and nominated for Best Student Game at last year’s IGF. Players must navigate the unique string based control scheme to solve puzzles, escape danger, and help the marionette Abby achieve true freedom – no strings attached.
- Layers of meaning – Inspired by German puppet theatre, the string-based mechanics add a novel layer to the puzzle-solving while also tying into themes of autonomy and destiny.
- A land far, far away – Become immersed in a dangerous fairytale world, brought to life with rich colours and a blend of 2D and 3D art styles.
- Master storyteller – Enjoy a fully voiced and lyrical narration throughout the game, as Abby’s story is told by a mysterious puppetmaster.
- Overcome great challenges – Help Abby survive, escaping traps, bypassing dangers, and gradually defying the pull of the strings themselves.
- Against all odds – Experience a somewhat grim yet hopeful adventure that explores the true meaning of freedom.
And here’s a few additional screenshots:
A Juggler’s Tale (Switch – eShop) comes out on September 29th in Europe and North America.
Source: Mixtvision PR