The latest issue of CoroCoro magazine, to be released on Wednesday (May 15th) has some more details about Yo-kai Watch 4 on Nintendo Switch, which releases in less than a month in Japan. It’s most likely the last batch of pre-release details, since the next issue of CoroCoro will be released after the game has been out for a few days.
First, we have details about the various playable characters in Yo-kai Watch 4, including their weapons and special moves:
Keita / Nate
- Weapon: Pico Pico Hammer
- Special Move: “Minna Henge Attack”. Converts energy collected in order to increase the attack power of allied Yo-kai
- Weapon: Hamisen
- Special Move: “Minna Henge Healing”. Converts energy collected in order to heal allied Yo-kai
- Weapon: Naginata
- Special Move: “Minna Henge Guard”. Converts energy collected in order to increase the defense of allied Yo-kai
- Weapon: Sword
- Special Move: “Hyoui Shoukan”. Transforms into Fudou Myouou, Genbu, Ashura, Byakko.
- Weapon: Morning Star
- Special Move: “Genjuu Shoukan”. Summons Suzaku, Kirin, Genbu, and Byakko, and allows you to use their techniques.
- Weapon: Bat
- Special Move: “Minna Genki”: revives all fallen teammates, and give them a stats boost.
CoroCoro specifies that there’s a skill tree for each Watcher (characters with a Yo-kai Watch), which allows you to make them stronger, have them learn new skills, etc..
Fans of the series will not be surprised to learn that Yo-kai Watch 4 has its own Crank-a-Kai… several of them, in fact! They can be found in each of the 4 worlds of the game, and they allow you to summon various Yo-kai (including rare ones). Once you’ve found one, you will be able to access it directly from a place called “Gachaland” in Japanese (lit. Crank-a-Land in English). That way, if you want to use the various Crank-a-Kai, you don’t have to travel to each world separately to do so.
Finally, CoroCoro shared a few more details about a feature introduced in the previous report, called “Konkatsu”. During battle, you can get special energy from enemy Yo-kai, that you can then use to befriend specific Yo-kai if the matching conditions are met. You can also use that energy to stregnthen Yo-kai you already have, but also create and strengthen equipment.
Yo-kai Watch 4 (Switch) comes out on June 6th in Japan.