On Monday, Nintendo announced the Play Nintendo Tour 2016, where kids and their parents will be able to play several Nintendo games on Nintendo 3DS, take part in various activities, and more. There will also be “contests, amazing prizes (while supplies last) and photo opportunities”.
Here’s the locations where the Play Nintendo Tour 2016 will stop at:
- June 17-19: Westfield Culver City – Los Angeles
- June 24-26: Arrowhead Towne Center – Glendale, Arizona
- July 1-3: FlatIron Crossing – Broomfield, Colorado
- July 8-10: Mall of America – Bloomington, Minnesota
- July 15-17: Bite of Seattle – Seattle
- July 21-24: Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina – San Diego
- July 29-31: Memorial City Mall – Houston
- Aug. 5-7: Woodfield Mall – Schaumburg, Illinois
- Aug. 12-14: Roosevelt Field – Garden City, New York
- Aug. 19-21: South Shore Plaza – Braintree, Massachusetts
- Aug. 26-28: Tysons Corner Center – Tysons Corner, Virginia
- Sept. 2-5: North Point Mall – Alpharetta, Georgia
Here’s the list of games playable at the tour, and how visitors will be able to play it:
- Yoshi’s New Island (inside a Yoshi egg)
- Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (on a giant banana)
- Kirby: Planet Robobot (on pink beanbag chairs)
(Games will also be playable on a video wall shaped like a giant Nintendo 3DS system).
Visitors will also be able to take pictures next to a giant Kirby figure, an oversized egg, inside a barrel (with Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong), under a Spiny Shell, or even next to a giant Pokéball. Finally, there will be two special sections:
- one for New Super Mario Bros. 2, with a flapgole, stacks of coins, and a warp pipe
- one for Yo-kai Watch, with a miniature version of Springale (complete with Yo-kai lurking around).