On this page, you will find all there is to know about the various updates for Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion on Nintendo Switch (originally released in November 2023 in North America and Europe)!
Click here for more Software updates!
Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion – Ver. 1.1.0
- Release date: February 16th 2024 (North America, Europe)
- Patch notes:
- Fixed issue with FOV slider not displaying the correct value
- Fixed scope and night vision goggle inputs when playing at 30fps
- Weapon Wheel can not be enabled while game state is changing
- Raptor now starts with the Razor Wind and can use the Minigun and Napalm Cannon
- Increased Raptor Claws damage radius to be the same as the Tomahawk and Knife as well as damage the same surface types
- Increased Joshua’s movement speed to be the same as Joseph
- The player will no longer survive when a cutscene is active and the silo countdown sequence timer runs out
- You can no longer fire weapons if you don’t have the minimum amount of required ammo
- Fixed stuck arrows causing accumulated damage
- Changed weapon ammo consumption: Shredder from 2 to 3, Fireswarm from 5 to 4, Sniper from 1 to 5
- Fixed Minigun consuming more ammo than it should have
- Cerebral Bore crosshair now flashes when you are locked on to an enemy to match the original behavior
- Fixed Vampire Gun having infinite range. Increased speed of health drain. Fixed model animations.
- PSG changes: New Shockwave effect. Slightly increased shot delay. Removed crosshair to match n64. No longer kills all enemies in the level when it explodes.
- Credits screen now plays multiple music tracks
- Fixed some player collision issues
- Fixed water fog bug when possessed enemy dies under water
- Fixed bug with possessing an enemy while camera view is active
- Renamed Old Man to Otto as that was the name given to him found in an acclaim design doc
- Night Vision and Weapon Scope are deactivated when a cinema starts
- Extended Oblivions chest mouth collision box. Oblivion’s health is reduced to 1 when he enters his Regen state. Fixed bug that would cause a crash while fighting Oblivion.
- Added menu option to change weapon on pickup
- Fixed a save bug when the player dies
- Fixed a bug where the game would not save after playing certain cinemas
- Fixed a bug that would make the short ladder in the Boiler room of the level “Unexpected Help” hard to climb
- Fixes to climbable surfaces on the ladders in the levels “Staging Area”, “Power Outage”, and “Seal The Breach”
- Added lights in front of stopped subway car in “Power Outage”
- Fixed a geometry issue in “The Breach” where you could see the sky from inside the elevator
- Fixed minor geometry and collision issues in “To the Subway”
- The very slow-moving platforms in “The Gauntlet” now move 40% faster, and the Death Guards in that section now lead their shots
- Changed the warhead disarmed levers surface type from flesh to metal
- Adjusted Oblivion Gunship intro and death animation positioning
- Enemies that had a 1 frame “shocked” animation now have proper animations when they get brain-drilled or electrocuted
- Corrected Joshua’s “scary” eyes in cinemas
- Fixed Dani’s upper body stuttering animation in the porch cinema
- Fixed Oblivion larva not reacting to “The Light” when it’s killed in the end game cinema
- Reduced collision size of the Oblivion spinny machine that was placed in the next room right after you defeat Oblivion
- The compys that could spawn infinitely on the ramp in “Generator Room” will now only spawn up to 6
- Fixed indoor/outdoor train sounds in the level “Train Ride”
- Increased the touch radius of the elevator button in the level “Rec Room” that exits the level
- Added sound for the Magmite enemies when they attack or die
- Restored some missing grunt effects during Oblivion’s transformation cinema
- Fixed the ambience sound not playing during Dani and Joseph’s intro cinemas
- Fix for Alpha Fireborn falling out of the world
- Game is now saved after defeating Joshua and the save slot will now show an icon indicating you’ve completed the game
- Fixed incorrect health silhouette showing for a brief second at the start of a level
- Ammo counter now slides up with the health display at the start of the level
- Fixed the door in the level “The Back Alleys” from not opening in Joseph’s path if you open it and re-enter the level
- The scared office civilian in the level “The Back Alleys” won’t run out until the player has entered the room
- Subway crash cinema will now save the players number of deaths
- Fixed sceptre face statue from showing the sceptre after it’s been collected and re-entering the “Temple of the Damned” level
- Fixed Opisthor’s Health to match the n64 during his first 4 phases. And the “Blocked” sign texture now animates.
- Fixed Opisthor from attacking while the player was touching the button and he was starting to submerge
- Dead Ligatrixs’ will no longer spawn their gibs at the start of the level
- Fixed Magmites and Legionnaires not being able to enter or exit the lava water in levels such as the “Burning Passage”
- Fixed a bug that prevented enemies from seeing you across the water in the level “Temple of the Damned”
- Faded out lightning sfx transition much faster during Joshua’s ending cinema so you can hear him saying “Hey, Sis…”
- The Warlord will now avoid the trap door and be able to attack the player if already standing in the trigger area when he appears
- The Warlords health is set to 1 when he enters his Regen state and his health bar is now displayed correctly when re-entering his area
- Elevator in the level “Seal The Breach” will now reach the bottom on its first cycle
- Increased warp point radius in levels “Power Outage”, “Hit The Lights”, and “Narrow Passage”
- When enemies become visible it now also checks if they’re in the player’s view before creating the spawn particle effect
- Fixed up collision around the top corners of the 2 guard tower rooms in the level “The Military Base”
- In the level “Ancient Altar”: The enemy with the silver gate key was positioned to the ground so the key will spawn on the ground if the player doesn’t pick it up and re-enters the level. Also, 2 trees in that level had no collision.
- Added a half-second delay before the Cerebral Burst/Possessor can be manually detonated
- Fixed grapple projectile trails from getting really big when it connected to a grapple sphere when playing at 30fps
- Weapon select message no longer keeps showing whenever you use grapple hook
- Fixed a bug with platform objects where any platform flagged as TRIGGER_START_IF_LINK_TRIGGERED and was PersistentFlagged would not receive any OnTrigger calls.
- Lava clogger in Alpha Fireborn level cannot be triggered until the boss appears
- Fixed horizontal alignment of boss health bar and psg parts in the status menu
- One of Joshua’s idle animations was one of his death animations and that was getting played on loop whenever he went idle. Fixed it so it doesn’t play when he’s idle. OnDeath he now plays a random death animation out of the 2 he has.
- Additional notes: none
- Source: Nightdive Studios (Steam)
Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion – Ver. ???
- Release date: November 30th 2023 (North America, Europe)
- Patch notes:
- Silencer weapon now has the laser sight dot in the center of the crosshair when you’re close to anything like the original version of the game.
When selecting a new game or load game from the title menu and cheats have been used a notification popup asks the player if they want to disable cheats.
- Cheats not obtained yet will display as ????? in the secrets menu.
- Save slots now show if that slot has used cheats.
- Missing cheats added: All Keys, Chapter Warps.
- Achievement Menu now shows a progress bar.
- Some Mummite enemies in “The Drain, and “The Dam” will now use their previously unused rolling attack.
- The player can no longer exit out of the character select menu by pressing +
- The Napalm Cannon weapon will no longer auto switch to a new weapon when firing the last shot.
- Limit players’ view spring within the bottom and top of the player’s collision.
- All the Cerebral Bore projectils will attach to enemies’ heads much more easily.
- The player can no longer trigger Danielle’s exit warp in the level “Rooftop Journey” if the player is falling to their death.
- Dead enemies on top of platform objects will no longer trigger the platform.
- Invicibility cheat now works correctly.
- A message is now displayed at the top of the screen in the Secrets menu if cheats have been enabled to indicate to the player that achievement progress is disabled.
- Mummite enemy shockwave attack can only damage the player.
- Inputs for skipping a cinema and the credits are now consistent.
- A line is now drawn under the titles in the credits.
- Items in the Inventory menu are now sorted.
- Fixes to the level data if the player loaded a save from a level that has since been modified.
- Enemies will now still continue to move and target the player when the game is in the CAMERA VIEW state (keeping with original game behavior).
- Players can no longer jump right away after loading the next level.
- Fixed Firestorm end shot sfx from playing when the game is in the CAMERA VIEW state.
- Fixed levels so players could not get out of bounds.
- The Oblivion High Priest enemies in the level “Welcoming Committee” will no longer exit out of their shocked state when the player is nearby.
- PSG weapons no longer get bigger when Big Head mode is on.
- Additional notes: none
- Source: Nightdive Studios (Twitter)
How to download updates for Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion for the Nintendo Switch?
To download the updates for Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion , you have three options:
- let the console do its thing if you have automatic downloads activated, and didn’t completely turn it off
- try to launch the game from the Home Menu while being connected to the internet. You should get a prompt when doing so: simply follow the instructions on screen;
- select the game > press either + or – to go to the Options page > select Software update > select Via the Internet.
To check that you have the latest version installed, simply select the game on the Home Menu, and press – or + to go to the Options: the version number is displayed just below the game title.