Sword of the Necromancer: Revenant now live on Kickstarter, fully funded in less than 2 hours [Update: last day!]
Two years after Sword of the Necromancer, Grimorio of Games are back with a new game, called Sword of the Necromancer: Revenant. Unlike the first game (a top-down 2D action RPG), this one is a 3D Action RPG with city builder elements.
Here’s a trailer for the game:
The Kickstarter campaign went live yesterday, and it’s off to a great start: the base goal was set to 15 000€, but it was reached in less than two hours. As of writing, over 109 000€ have already been pledged.
Several stretchgoals have been announced:
- Additional Voice Lines: Full dub for some of the scenes (30 000€) [reached!]
- Boss Rush: Battle against 5 bosses without rest and get special prizes (45 000€) [reached!]
- More BGM: Additional songs by Dale North and Emi Events (60 000€) [reached!]
- 2 Extra Bosses: 2 new bosses to appear in sidequests. Designed by backers! (75 000€) [reached!]
- Customise Yuu: Customizable Revenant (90 000€) [reached!]
- Colosseum Mode: Battle through 5 levels filled with enemies with only what you can get in the Colosseum (105 000€) [reached!]
- 2 Extra Revenants: 2 new Revenants with their own side-story. Designed by backers! (120 000€) [reached!]
- Challenge Dungeon: Post-game 50-level dungeon (150 000€)
- SOTN Remake: Full 3D remake of the original Sword of the Necromancer with Revenant’s mechanics, given digitally to backers (201 000€) [more details!]
For more details about the game, make sure to check out the Kickstarter page!
Here’s some details and the list of key features for Sword of the Necromancer: Revenant:
Sword of the Necromancer: Revenant is a third-person 3D Action RPG with Dungeon Crawling and city building. Revive your enemies once again and make them fight alongside you!
With a completely renewed battle and companion system, travel the continent, restore the Sacred City of Euda to its former glory and vanquish the ominous threat that looms over the world.
Gather the powers of the Revenants, forgotten heroes of old times and create a little army of dead to defeat the Necromancer once and for all.
The new game is being developed taking all the feedback from the original into account to create a refined and enjoyable Sword of the Necromancer experience, while keeping its trademark original mechanic and expanding upon it. Grimorio of Games is working to make an engaging game to both new and returning players.
- Turn your foes into allies once again: use the Sword of the Necromancer to resurrect defeated monsters and make them fight alongside you.
- Use the power of the Revenants: once ago great heroes, their spirits now wander the world. Defeat them in battle and unleash powerful summons.
- Improved and customizable AI: set your monster’s Tactics to get the most of each one
- New battle system: improved battle system with new possibilities like air combos. Swap characters at any moment and continue chaining hits!
- Play solo or in local co-op: play the whole game with an AI companion or lend a controller to a friend to play together in split-screen co-op.
- Leave the dungeon: travel the world and help its people, explore cities, towns and open fields. Delve into procedural dungeons filled with enemies, loot and challenges.
- Restore Euda to its former glory: reconstruct a ravaged town, recruit people and get new functions and services like shops, a forge, cook…
Sword of the Necromancer: Revenant (Switch) does not have a release date, but is expected to ship by June 2024.
Source: Grimorio of Games PR (31/01/2023)