As announced a few hours ago, Nintendo have revealed the second trailer for Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury. It gives us our first proper look at the “Bowser’s Fury” part of the game, which features a gargatuan Bowser running amok!
Here’s the trailer:
Also, it’s been announced that the Bowser and Bowser Jr. amiibo will be returning for purchase at select retailers, and will have special activations in Bowser’s Fury.
But that’s not all! Nintendo have also announced that a new Nintendo Switch model, the Mario Red & Blue Edition, will be released on February 12th worldwide (with pre-order set to go live on January 25th in Japan). It will cost 329.99€ / $299.99 / 29 980 Yen + taxes, and will include the following:
- red Joy-Con controllers with blue straps
- a blue Joy-Con grip
- a red Nintendo Switch dock
- a red Nintendo Switch system (first time the Nintendo Switch system itself is available in a new color)
- a stylized Mario Red & Blue Edition Carrying Case and a screen protector
Finally, Nintendo have announced a special event for Super Mario Bros. 35: the Super Mario Bros. 35 World Count Challenge. It will be held 3 times from January to March, with the first one taking place on:
- Europe: January 19th (8AM) to January 26th (7.59AM)
- UK: January 19th (7AM) to January 26th (6.59AM)
- North America (ET): January 19th (2AM) to January 26th (1.59AM)
- North America (PT): January 18th (11PM) to January 25th (10.59PM)
- Japan: January 19th (4PM) to January 26th (3.59PM)
During that first challenge, the goal will be for all players to defeat 3.5 million Bowsers. Players who defeat at least 1 Bowser will get 350 Platinum Coins (MyNintendo). Also, during that week, the Special Battle will feature courses with additional opportunities to battle with Bowser.
Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury (Switch) comes out on February 12th worldwide.