We added Part 3 of the official interview with Shigeru Miyamoto and Yugo Hayashi (Game Director). You will find it below!
***Star Fox Zero came out last month, you’ve probably had the occasion to play it by now. If you’re interested in learning more about how the game was developed, why certain choices were made, and more, you’re in luck! There’s not one, but two interviews for you to read tonight or this week-end!
The first one is the first part of the official interview Nintendo posted on its Topics website in Japan, with Shigeru Miyamoto and Yugo Hayashi (Game Director). It covers the following topics:
- The Importance of Voices in Star Fox
- It’s Like You’re Right There in the Cockpit
- I Wanted to See Something Cool
Click here to read Part 1 of the interview!
Part 2 of the interview covers the following topics:
- Revisiting Things We Created 20 Years Ago
- Transform and Land on an Enemy Battleship
- The Excitement of an Adventure Game
Click here to read Part 2 of the interview!
Part 3 of the interview covers the following topics:
- Your skills improve the more you play
- Why Dogs and Monkeys Don’t Get Along
- Star Fox Guard is Fun Even for Big Groups
- If You’re Worried, Try Invincibility Mode
Click here to read Part 3 of the interview!
The second interview is from USGamer, with Yusuke Hashimoto (Director, PlatinumGames) and Yugo Hayashi (Director, Nintendo). It covers the following topics:
- On Platinum’s role in developing Star Fox Zero
- On the in-house reaction to the disappointing E3 2015 demo
- On the Gyrowing
- On the common opinion that Star Fox is at its best in the Arwing
- On the decision not to include competitive multiplayer in Star Fox Zero
- On what they consider to be the best showcase for Star Fox Zero’s controls
- On what Platinum and Nintendo learned from their experiment and whether they would make a more traditional Star Fox game
Click here to check it out!