In the latest issue, Hobby Consolas provides some sales data for the video game market in Spain in 2016 (up to December 10th only). Nintendo managed to get two titles in the Top 10, and the first one is Pokémon Sun and Moon which sold around 215 000 units: a pretty solid result, especially with three missings weeks for 2016.
The second one is Yo-kai Watch, that has enjoyed surprisingly strong sales in Europe (significantly better than in North America, and better than in Japan during the same time frame). It’s #8 of the All-Format chart, with about 95 000 units sold.
Unfortunately, that’s it for Nintendo platforms in the Top 10! But there’s one game that could have made it, but didn’t due to really disappointing sales: Skylanders Imaginator, which sold only 10 000 units. Unfortunately, it’s not just in Spain that this one underperformed: in the United Kingdom and the United States, sales were also way below those of previous entries.
Here’s the Top 10 Software for 2016 in Spain:
01. FIFA 17 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) – 425,000
02. POKEMON SUN AND MOON (NINTENDO) – 215,000
03. UNCHARTED 4: A THIEF’S END (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) – 200,000
04. FIFA 16 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) – 195,000
05. CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS III (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) – 175,000
06. GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2) – 160,000
07. CALL OF DUTY: INFINITE WARFARE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) – 150,000
08. YO-KAI WATCH (NINTENDO) – 95,000
09. BATTLEFIELD 1 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) – 85,000
10. FINAL FANTASY XV (SQUARE ENIX EUROPE) – 45,000
Source: Hobby Consolas
Via: BrunoMB (NeoGAF)