Today’s Pokémon news: another update for Pokémon GO, but also…
- Pokémon Duel
- Magikarp Jump
- Pokkén Tournament DX
- Pokémon Sun and Moon – Anime
- Pokémon Sun and Moon – Battle Competition
- Pokémon merchandise
- Pokémon Ga-Olé
Today, a new update for Pokémon GO went live: it brings the game to Ver. 0.75.0 (Android) / Ver. 1.45.0 (iOS), with some new features and bug fixes:
- Items received from spinning Gym PokéStops and completing Raid Battles are now displayed in the Journal.
- Improved Pokémon Collection screen search functionality by allowing Trainers to search using “defender” and “legendary”.
- Resolved a bug which caused Pikachu hats to disappear from the in-game model and icon.
- Resolved a bug which caused some icons to disappear when scrolling through the Pokédex.
- Various bug fixes and performance updates.
As usual, you can find everything there is to know about Pokémon GO Software updates on this page!
Today, pre-registration for Team Match went live in Pokémon Duel, and will remain open until Tuesday.
Team Match is a new type of event for Pokémon Duel, where you first need to choose one of three teams. During the event, you have to open as many Time Boosters in order to rack up points, but also win duels. Naturally, it’s the team with the most points at the end that wins. Throughout the duration of this event, the Time Boosters open twice as fast as usual, and you can get more Team Points using Booster Enhancers.
Today, a new update for Magikarp Jump was released: it brings the game to Ver. 1.3.2. with, officially, only bug fixes. But that’s not all: this update also adds two “features”:
- you can now clear the game’s cache
- the game now gives you an incentive to back up your data: you get 10 Diamonds the first time you do so (after downloading this update, it will not count if you did it before)
As usual, you can find everything there is to know about Magikarp Jump updates on this page!
Pokkén Tournament DX
Here’s a commercial for Pokkén Tournament DX in Japan, featuring two famous actors:
And here’s the making of video:
Pokkén Tournament DX (Switch) comes out on September 22nd worldwide.
Pokémon Sun and Moon – Anime
Here’s the preview for the next episode of the Pokémon Sun and Moon anime series, airing on September 21st in Japan:
Pokémon Sun and Moon – Battle Competition
Yesterday, registrations for the latest Battle Competition for Pokémon Sun and Moon was announced. It’s called the Mega Melee and here’s everything you need to know about it:
- Format: Single Battles, 1 Pokémon per battle;
- Pokémon restrictions: only Pokémon that can Mega Evolve, no Duplicate Pokémon allowed;
- Pokémon banned: Mythical and Legendary (even those that can Mega Evolve)
- Item restrictions: none;
- Level: 1 to 100, but level capped to 50 during battles;
- Registration: September 14th to September 21st. Participant limit: TBC
- Battles: September 22nd to September 24th, with a limit of 15 battles/player and /day;
- Results: announced sometime in October;
- Participation gift (must complete at least 1 battle): 50BP.
You can check out more details about the Battle Competition over at the Pokémon Global Link. If you want to train for this Battle Competition, you can get the rules from the Festival Plaza in Pokémon Sun and Moon.
Source: Pokémon Global Link
Here’s pictures of the latest Pokémon figure from Kotobukiya:
Here’s the latest promotional video for the Pokémon Ga-Olé game on Arcade: