Payday 2 is a 4 player co-op shooter originally announced for the Nintendo Switch several months ago. During today’s Nintendo Direct Mini, some more details about the game were shared, and more specifically the Nintendo Switch exclusive content and features.
The Nintendo Switch version of Payday 2 will feature full touch screen menu support, only available when playing in Handheld or Tabletop Mode of course. It will also support HD Rumble, allowing players to truly feel the recoil of weapons, as well as explosions.
As for CRIME.NET, it’s getting a local multiplayer mode called CRIME.NET Local Play, that allows you to set up a local game and invite friends to play with you via local wireless.
Finally, there’s a brand new character called Joy, that will release first on Nintendo Switch. Joy is a Japanese computer whiz, who wears a custom LED light mask that changes her appearance as she sees fit. She comes with her own set of weapons.
Here’s the list of key features:
- Rob Banks, Get Paid – Players must choose their crew carefully, because when the job goes down they will need the right mix of skills on their side.
- CRIME.NET – The dynamic contract database CRIME.NET lets players pick and choose from available jobs by connecting with local Contractors – all with their own agenda and best interests in mind.
- Dynamic Scenarios – No heist ever plays out the same way twice, as heists comes with random geometry and events.
- Choose Your Skills – As players progress they can invest in any of five special Skill Trees: Mastermind, Enforcer, Ghost,
- Technician and Fugitive. Each features a deep customization tree of associated skills and equipment to master.
- More Masks than Ever – PAYDAY 2 features a completely new mask system, giving players the ability to craft their own unique mask together with a pattern and a color.
- Weapons and Modifications – A huge arsenal for the serious heister, covering everything from sniper to assault rifles. You can modify your weapon with optics, suppressors, fore grips, reticles, barrels, frames, stocks and lots more.
- Play It Your Way – Each job allows for multiple approaches, such as slow and stealthy ambushes, to running in guns blazing.
Finally, here’s the latest trailer and some screenshots:
Payday 2 (Switch) comes out on February 23rd in Europe, and February 27th in North America.