Last year, the NBA 2K series finally made its comeback on a Nintendo platforms after many years of absence. And today, Take-Two announced that it would be back on Nintendo Switch this year, with NBA 2K19 releasing in September!
There’s actually two release dates for the game:
- September 7th: NBA 2K19 20th Anniversary Edition (unlocks 4 days early, which is why the release date is different) – Price: 89.99€ / £84.99 / $89.99
- September 11th: NBA 2K19 Standard Edition – Price: 69.99€ / £64.99 / $69.99
Once again, the game is developed by Visual Concepts, who are celebrating their 30th Anniversary this year. The NBA 2K series, on the other hand, is celebrating its 20th Anniversary!
As mentioned above, there’s two editions for the game, and the 20th Anniversary Edition features the one and only LeBron Hames on the cover. Here’s all that’s included in this edition:
- 100,000 Virtual Currency;
- 50,000 MyTEAM points;
- 20 MyTEAM League Packs (delivered once a week)
- Sapphire LeBron James MyTEAM Card;
- 10 MyTEAM Heat Check Packs (delivered one a week beginning at the start of the NBA season)
- 5 LeBron-themed murals for MyCOURT;
- LeBron MyCOURT design;
- King’s Collection – Nike LeBron apparel & footwear (25 pairs!)
- LeBron NBA 2K19 poster (retail-only);
- NBA 2K sticker sheet (retail-only);
- Custom Wristband featuring LeBron’s chosen words (retail-only).
Here’s a trailer:
And here’s what’s included in the standard edition:
- 5,000 Virtual Currency
- 10 MyTEAM League Packs (delivered once a week)
- 1 Cover Athlete Sapphire MyTEAM Card
Finally, here’s the cover for both the regular and 20th Anniversary editions:
NBA 2K19 (Switch) comes out on September 7th/11th in Europe and North America, and later this year in Japan. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Take-Two PR / Take-Two