During the Nintendo Switch Presentation, Nintendo revealed Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, an enhanced version of the Wii U classic. As many expected, it includes all the contents from the Wii U version (including all the DLC and updates), but also a new Battle Mode with new and returning battle courses, new characters (including the Inkling), new vehicles, and more.
You can play with:
- Up to 4 players on TV (in 1080p at 60fps with 1-2 players, 30fps with 3 to 4 players)
- Up to 8 players Local Wireless
- Up to 12 players Online Multiplayer
Here’s the trailer for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe:
And here’s the main features:
- Race your friends in the definitive version of Mario Kart 8, only on Nintendo Switch!
- Race as every character on every track from the Wii U version, including DLC characters and tracks.
- Pop some balloons in the revamped Battle mode, complete with Balloon Battle and Bob-omb Blast.
- Battle on new courses, like Urchin Underpass and Battle Stadium, or returning ones, such as GCN Luigi’s Mansion and SNES Battle Course 1.
- Inkling Girl & Inkling Boy from Splatoon, King Boo, Dry Bones, and Bowser Jr. join the roster!
- Players can choose a new Smart Steering feature which makes driving and staying on the track easy for novice players and kids even at 200cc.
- Three new vehicles have been added, two are even inspired by Splatoon
- Carry two items at the same time.
- Returning items include Boo, the item stealing ghost, and the Feather, which gives you a high jump in battle mode.
- Play your friends in local wireless multiplayer with up to 8 players.
- Drive through in 1080p HD quality in TV mode.
- Play on the go with handheld mode and play anytime, anywhere.
And here’s the usual pictures (boxarts, screenshots, artworks, and more):
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch) comes out on April 28th, worldwide. The Upcoming Releases page has been updated!