Unlike in Europe and North America, the release of new Wii games as downloadable titles on Wii U hasn’t been very frequent. But today, Nintendo announced that 10 “new” games would be added to the Nintendo eShop this Summer, with 2 each week until August 24th. Several of them have never been released in Japan, but there’s also some that are yet to be released as Wii Download titles on Wii U anywhere.
All titles will cost 2 700 Yen, but My Nintendo users will be able to get 30% off each title during the first two weeks following its launch. The My Nintendo discount will bring the price down to 1890 Yen.
Here’s the line-up of Wii games coming to Japan as downloadable titles on Wii U:
- Xenoblade / Xenoblade Chronicles (Nintendo)
- Minna no Rhythm Tengoku / Rhythm Heaven Fever / Beat the Beat: Rhythm Paradise (Nintendo)
- Super Paper Mario (Nintendo)
- Zero ~Shinku no Chou~ / Project Zero 2: Wii Edition (Nintendo)
- Keito no Kirby / Kirby’s Epic Yarn (Nintendo)
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo)
- Mario Strikers Charged (Nintendo)
- Super Mario Stadium Family Baseball / Mario Super Sluggers (Nintendo)
- Wario Land Shake / Wario Land: Shake It! / Wario Land: The Shake Dimension (Nintendo)
- Mario Sports Mix (Nintendo)