After a pretty lengthy wait, the Wii U version of Hive Jump is finally complete and ready for release. It will be available on September 28th in North America, with Europe most likely getting the game in the following weeks. The price? $14.99 (probably 14.99€ in Europe).
As mentioned previously, Hive Jump on Wii U will offer several exclusive features:
- Mini-Map: it displays the layout of the hive as you explore it, including points of interest like doors and chests, but also hazards like lava and spikes (pink tiles) and destructible walls (orange tiles).
- Off-Screen Play: you can choose to play exclusively on the Wii U GamePad if you want, by pressing the Select button. This allows you to switch between the mini-map and mirrored gameplay on the GamePad. Naturally, audio is also mirrored at all times!
Hive Jump also features several Challenge Modes:
- Clean Run: you start with only basic equipment, and throughout the mission, you have to power-up. Equipment pricing is reduced in this mode;
- Speed Run: a special mode where all boss encouters are guaranteed to be boss enemies (not ambush rooms). You can use your unlocked equipment if you want. The developers highly recommend you learn to use the Quantum Blink ability, in order to get the fastest times;
- Hardcore: no Backpack, no respawns, no changing equipments… a pretty hardcore challenge, where you have to scavenge for extra bombs and health;
- Endless: a 99-depth hive gauntlet. You need to stack relic bonuses in order to be strong enough to beat this challenge.
Hive Jump (Wii U – eShop) will be released on September 28th in North America, and later this year in Europe. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Graphite Lab