Yesterday, XSEED announced that not only they are bringing the Nintendo Switch version of Fate/EXTELLA LINK to North America (and Europe, via Marvelous Europe, but nothing has been announced yet for that region), but also that it will be released on the same day as the other platforms, in Q1 2019.
Alongside the regular edition (that costs $49.99), a Limited Edition called “Fleeting Glory Edition” will also be released (price: $79.99). It includes the same content as the PlayStation 4 version, namely:
- a copy of the game
- a soundtrack CD
- a pack of 10 collectible 3” by 5” cards depicting each of the new Servants
- a 17” by 24” cloth poster, and a 3” by 4.5” acrylic diorama featuring the Servants Nero, Drake, and Scáthach
- a custom box.
Here’s what the content of this Limited Edition look like:
Fate/EXTELLA LINK is a direct sequel to Fate/EXTELLA: The Umbral Star, released last year on Nintendo Switch. It adds 10 Servants, which makes a total of 26 playable characters. The high-speed action gameplay of the first game has been further refined, and the game also offers 4-4 online battles with up to 7 players.
Finally, here’s the list of key features:
- Combatants from Across the Fate Universes Join the Fray–- In addition to the 16 original Servants from Fate/EXTELLA: The Umbral Star, 10 characters from other Fate series will enter battle as playable Servants, including Astolfo, Scáthach, and Francis Drake.
- Hunker Down in Base Camp–- Players can move freely around their army’s base camp—a medieval cathedral raised into the sky—and interact with their Servants to build meaningful bonds.
- Polished Graphics and Battle Mechanics–- Players can experience refined combat mechanics and graphics throughout every part of the gameplay experience.
Fate/EXTELLA LINK (Switch) comes out on January 31st in Japan, and in Q1 2019 in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!