Today’s Nintendo eShop news: Demon Skin announced for the Nintendo Switch, but also…
- Lonely Mountains: Downhill
- Touhou Hyouibana ~ The Antinomy of Common Flowers
Buka Entertainment have announced their latest game for the Nintendo Switch: Demon Skin, a 2D hack ‘n slash developed by LUDUS FUTURE. It will be released later this year in Europe and North America.
Here’s a trailer, some details, the list of key features, and some screenshots for the game:
A brutal 2D hack-and-slash game with a challenging combat system, Demon Skin plunges you into a harsh dark fantasy world to test your will and your skills against deadly environments and towering foes. Do you have what it takes to survive?
Accept a position amongst the Order of Wanderers and become an axe-tossing, realm-crossing, boss-bossing brute locked in battle with hordes of demons and their sinister masters. A war god in all but name, as a Wanderer you must parry incoming strikes, dodge traps and out-sprint annihilation in hostile worlds. Stay on the front foot by targeting chinks in enemy armour via an intuitive combat stance system, then pillage demon corpses for weapons to unleash devastating new combos.
The story of Demon Skin’s creation is almost as hardcore as the journey facing its Wanderer protagonist. Project lead Denis Listov first came up with the game’s plan back in 2014, and with no prior development experience to brandish he taught himself programming, visual design and animations in his free time. Since then Listov has faced off against numerous development foes: transitioning from 2D visuals to 3D models, switching game engines, rebrandings, claiming the long-lost treasure of Investor Funding only to see that gleaming chalice slip out of reach, and even the setback of injury from a motion capture session.
- Sophisticated combat system. Improve your skills by mastering various stances for lightning-fast parrying and inflicting maximum damage with spectacular finishing moves! Keep an eye on the level of stamina and other indicators of the character’s physical condition – all these features directly affect the outcome of the battle.
- An extensive skill tree. Gain experience to learn new combos and enhance health, stamina, and attack power.
- Dozens of enemy types. From skeletons, zombies, and spiders to werewolves, lizards, and golems – fighting each of them requires a different approach.
- Huge arsenal for killing monsters. There are more than 30 types of edged and blunt weapons at your disposal and each type is only effective against a certain type of enemies. You can even destroy enemies with your bare hands – it’s not as effective but still a lot of fun.
- Secrets and artifacts. Some rare and ancient artifact weapons are hidden in the secret places of the game world. Find it to unlock the impressive super skills after achieving a certain level.
- A demon on the outside, a demon within. Collect shards of Crystal and become even stronger, build up your bone armour and turn into a fearsome demon.
- Gloomy landscapes in the spirit of dark fantasy. From the icy wastelands and deep dungeons to the twilight forests and abodes of the undead. This cruel world lives a life of its own, but terrifying creatures that inhabit it are not always hostile. On your way, you will not only meet enemies but also powerful allies.
Demon Skin (Switch – eShop) comes out later this year in Europe and North America.
Source: Buka Entertainment PR
Lonely Mountains: Downhill
Heads up for players interested in Lonely Mountains: Downhill: the demo version is now available in Europe (and should be available in North America within the next few hours).
Here’s some details about the demo:
This demo offers an impression of the full Lonely Mountains: Downhill experience, opening up the first trail of the Sierra Rivera mountain. Armed with the all-rounder Grasshopper bike, learn the mountain trail in the explorer mode and then have a go at two challenges that will test your skills. Once you think you’ve mastered this treacherous trail, compete for the best times around the globe with the integrated online leaderboards. With tons of daring shortcuts and opportunities for frenzied sprints, perfecting your run will give you hours of discovery and fun.
Also, the game is now on sale with a 30% off discount worldwide (with the DLC on sale with a 10% off discount).
Source: Thunderful PR
Touhou Hyouibana ~ The Antinomy of Common Flowers
Phoenixx have announced that Touhou Hyouibana ~ The Antinomy of Common Flowers will also be released in Europe and North America, on April 22nd (same day as Japan). It will cost 29.99€ / $34.99, and will be playable in English and Japanese.
Here’s a trailer, some details, and some screenshots:
The Touhou Project’s magical girls square off in tag-team 2D combat where characters can dodge upward and downward to set up attacks. The Primary fighter brings one of their three Spell Cards with special effects to battle, while the Secondary fighter executes assists and can swap in when necessary.
Touhou Hyouibana ~ Antinomy of Common Flowers features easy-to-use controls where a single button combined with a joystick direction executes dashes, throws, barriers, and bullet hell attacks worthy of the Touhou name. This simplicity belies a deep fighting system, full of combos and advanced techniques to master.
Learn each character and uncover the mystery of the Perfect Possession incident in the Story mode, with the last unlockable character and hardest difficulty available upon completion. Brush up on each fighter in Training mode and put those skills to the test in Vs. COM mode. Then it’s time to take on the world in local head-to-head multiplayer and online play.
Touhou fans can brawl with a duo chosen from a roster of 19 series mainstays like Reimu Hakurei and Kasen Ibaraki, with 19 stages from around Gensokyo to fight in. Officially the 15.5th game in the Touhou series, Touhou Hyouibana ~ Antinomy of Common Flowers features a story created with the supervision of series creator ZUN with a soundtrack featuring arrangements of beloved tracks by him and other composers from the Touhou franchise.
Touhou Hyouibana ~ The Antinomy of Common Flowers (Switch – eShop) comes out on April 22nd worldwide.
Source: Phoenixx PR
No Gravity Games have announced their latest game for the Nintendo Switch: Graviter. It will be released on April 8th in Europe and North America.
Here’s a trailer, some details, and the list of key features:
Graviter is a real world physics based game about manipulating the gravitational forces. Shrink and enlarge bodies, move them around to find your way through over a hundred different levels of varying complexity.
- 101 levels with unique gravity!
- Real world physics
- Indefinite number of ways to complete levels
- Different types of celestial bodies
- Difficult and rewarding levels
- Customization: colorful, rainbow trails and trajectory indicators
- Relaxing music and ascetic graphics
Graviter (Switch – eShop) comes out on April 8th in Europe and North America.
The Upcoming Games page has been updated!