Today’s Nintendo eShop news (Round 2): Super Crush KO annoucned for the Nintendo Switch, but also…
- X-Morph: Defense
- Banner of the Maid
- Freedom Planet
- Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
- Rise Eterna
Super Crush KO
Last week, Vertex Pop revealed their latest game: Super Crush KO, a fast-paced brawler / shoot-em-up hybrid game coming to the Nintendo Switch next year. Here’s a trailer, some detais, and some screenshots:
Super Crush KO is a fast-paced brawler / shoot-em-up hybrid set in a vibrant, near-future city. Take control of a neon-wearing, robot-stomping, stylish-as-heck hero and save humanity from an AI apocalypse! Punch your way through waves of bots, launch them into the air and blast them out of the sky, all chained together in massive, awesome combos.
- Lightning-fast gameplay that seamlessly blends shoot-em-up action and intense beat-em-up combat
- Take on wave after wave of varied enemies with a deep combat system, designed with easy-to-execute combos and enemy juggling in mind
- Explore a beautiful, colourful world inspired by futuristic urban cityscapes and pastel skylines
- Online leaderboards and ranking systems will keep you coming back to S-Rank dozens of levels
Super Crush KO (Switch – eShop) comes out next year in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Vertex Pop PR
Last week, EXOR Studios announced they were bringing X-Morph: Defense (a a unique twin-stick shooter, tower defense hybrid) to the Nintendo Switch, in Q4 2018. This version of the game will feature all the updates released for the PC version, but also the free Survival mode, the two paid expansions packs (European Assault and Survival of The Fittest), additional tower types, and the final piece of paid DLC (The Last Bastion).
Here’s all you need to know about the game:
You are the X-Morph – an alien species that invades Earth to harvest its resources and terraform the surface. Strategize in the build mode by carefully selecting various types of alien towers or throw yourself right into the heat of the battle. Build mazes for incoming enemies in an environment that provides exceptional planning freedom. Tear down buildings and collapse bridges to support your defense or to simply indulge in a spectacle of unprecedented destruction. Possess a range of unique alien weapons and use defense strategies like you’ve never seen before in this genre.
- Build your towers anywhere on the map.
- Destroy obstacles, collapse buildings and bridges to change enemy paths.
- Connect towers with laser fences that block enemy movement.
- Smart enemies – there are no predefined enemy paths. Enemies adapt to the changing battlefield and your tower placement, making the challenge a lot more interesting.
- Advanced tower types – different kinds of enemies require different defense strategies. Build advanced towers to counter special enemies.
- Don’t wait for your enemies – engage them directly with the X-Morph fighter.
- Morph into four distinct fighter forms, each one with a different weapon and special ability.
- Fight huge, building size, mechanical war machines. Each boss fight is unique and heavily influences the gameplay environment. Entire cities will be destroyed.
SINGLE PLAYER STORY CAMPAIGN
- take over the Earth by invading locations all around the globe including South Africa, Russia, USA, Japan, China, Britain, Argentina and other countries
- upgrade your towers and abilities throughout the course of the story campaign
- four difficulty modes
- repel endless enemy attacks
- grow in strength as the game rewards you with upgrades after defeating each wave
- employ new strategies, reacting to dynamic enemy paths
- earn new achievements
- available both in single-player and local co-op
- X-Morph: Defense is powered by EXOR Studios’ proprietary Schmetterling game engine.
- Dynamic building destruction system. Every building in the game can be destroyed piece by piece. Realistic physics simulation makes every destruction scenario unique.
- PhysX by NVIDIA.
X-Morph: Defense (Switch – eShop) comes out in Q4 2018 in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: EXOR Studios PR
Banner of the Maid
Here’s the latest trailer for Banner of the Maid:
Banner of the Maid (Switch – eShop) comes out later this year worldwide.
Last week, XSEED announced that Freedom Planet will be released on August 30th in Europe and North America. Here’s all you need to know about it:
Freedom Planet is a fast-paced, combat-driven platform adventure that pits a spunky dragon girl and her friends against hostile foreign powers and alien attack forces. There’s trouble around every turn, from insects and giant robots to sheer explosive destruction, but players will have a variety of special fighting abilities at their disposal to blast through more than a dozen massive, non-linear stages.
Take back the world of Avalice and return peace to its three kingdoms for the first time on a handheld console! Play as one of three characters – Lilac, Carol or the unlockable Milla – each with their own unique gameplay style, and use their individual skills to forge a path through the gorgeous 2D pixel art and lush multi-scrolling backdrops that make up the stages in Freedom Planet.
Each character’s abilities add new ways to fell foes and traverse tumultuous terrain, employing the game’s momentum-based platforming and sprawling level designs to reward players with a seemingly bottomless barrage of secrets, alternate paths, hidden collectables, and speed run opportunities for faster clear times.
With a traditional ‘Adventure Mode’ featuring over an hour’s worth of fully voiced cutscenes to enhance the game’s dramatic storyline, and a ‘Classic Mode’ to get players straight into the action, the Nintendo Switch release of Freedom Planet offers the full, uncompromised experience at home or on the go. The game will be available in English, French, German, Spanish, Japanese and Korean.
Freedom Planet (Switch – eShop) comes out on August 30th in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: XSEED PR
Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
Last week, Steel Crate Games announced that Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes (a cooperative bomb-defusing game) will be released on August 16th in Europe and North America. Here’s all you need to know about it:
In Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, one player is trapped in a room with a ticking time bomb they must defuse. The other players are the “Experts” who must give the instructions to defuse the bomb by deciphering the information found in the Bomb Defusal Manual. But there’s a catch: the Experts can’t see the bomb, so everyone will need to talk it out – fast!
Puzzle solving and communication skills – and maybe a few friendships – will be put to the test as players race to defuse bombs while communicating quickly, clearly, and effectively.
- Challenging puzzles – Test the limits of your communication skills… and friendships?
- A different bomb every time – Procedurally generated puzzles keep the action fresh.
- Local co-op party game – Bomb defusing is a team endeavor. Going solo is not an option!
- Only one copy of the game needed – If you can talk to your friends, you can play!
Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes (Switch – eShop) comes out on August 16th in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Steel Crate Games PR
Here’s one lone screenshot for Rise Eterna:
Rise Eterna (Switch – eShop) comes out next year in Europe and North America.
Source: Forever Ent. (Twitter)