On this page, you will find all there is to know about the various Software updates for The Survivalists on Nintendo Switch (originally released on October 9th 2020 in Europe, North America, and Japan)!
Click here for more Software updates!
The Survivalists – Ver. ???
- Release date: March 29th 2021 (North America, Europe) / March 30th 2021 (Japan)
- Patch notes:
- Increased Crop limit from 64 to 512.
- Added shadows to grown crops.
- Centred shadows for several objects.
- Fixed an issue where in rare cases save data could be corrupted due to the number of crops exceeding the limit.
- Fixed an issue causing the Forging Ahead Achievement to not trigger.
- Fixed an issue causing the Camping Out Achievement to not trigger.
- Fixed an issue that caused animals to become locked in the stagger animation.
- Fixed an issue with UI scaling on some resolutions.
- Additional notes: none.
- Source: Team17 (Steam)
The Survivalists – Ver. ??? (Farming Update)
- Release date: March 4th 2021 (North America, Europe, Japan)
- Patch notes:
- Players can now plant and grow their own crops including new varieties of plants to grow. Remember to water them!
- Domesticated crops can offer a higher yield of resources including rare items.
- Dangerous plants can now be grown to act as base defences.
- New cooking recipes have been added utilising new crops.
- New structures and items have been added to support new farming system.
- Monkeys can now plant seeds and water plants if taught.
- Seeds can be found on certain animals throughout the world.Dyeing Bench
- A bench that allows players to colour walls, floors and chests to suit their tastes.
We wanted to give those players who love base building more customisation and control over how their island homes looked!New Structures
- Tools and weapons can now be repaired with the new repair bench.
- Weapons and tools can now be improved by using the grindstone structure.
- Alchemy bench allows the player to transmute certain items into others.
- Food processor bench allows food resources to be converted.
- Cosmetic structures have been added including pond that can be populated with fish.
- Refuse pit can be used to destroy items. (We know some people will be happy to de-clutter!)
- Decorative water features have been added.Fast Raft
- A new faster raft can be crafted using crop resources.
There was a lot of community requests for the raft to be speedier and we thought it would be a good idea to have a better version of the raft that can do just that! We hope everyone has fun speeding from island to island!Fishing
Cast away! Nets and fish traps can be crafted enable catching fish live or for food.Raid Improvements
- Raids are now focused on the player and only occur during a bloodmoon.
- Players now receive plenty of warning prior to a raid to enable them to pick the right course of action.
We had a lot of community requests both that raiding on a base could happen when you were away and you felt a little helpless. This way, there is plenty of warning for the raids and you can make decisions on whether to try to get as far away from your base with no items and take the fall or prepare your defences to fight of the enemies.Taming
- Tamed animals can be used as guard animals.Larger Inventory
- Access to a larger inventory via a backpack has been added.
This was a big community request, there is now a permanent extra row of slots you can access to drop things in and out of your hot bar. You can however still teach a monkey to pick up a chest too for extra storage.Group Pickup
- Alternate methods of pickup have been added, no need to spam the button.
This might be the biggest community request, people were tired of having to pick up individual items, now if you hold down pickup you will suck in all items on the ground granted you have enough space in your backpack!Multitool
- No longer needs to be selected, if it is in the inventory it will be used to craft.New Rare Resources
- Rare resources are now present in the world needed for some recipes.Combat & Stamina
- An overhaul to combat giving more fluid combat.
- Greater control over direction of attacks.
- Lunge and knockback changes.
- Stamina has been altered reducing running out when in combat and harvesting resources.
- Flatter difficulty curve for enemy health.Other adjustments
- Damage values added to weapon tooltips.
- Durability values added to tooltips.
- Some reworking of weapon and tool values to make clearer the benefits of using the right tool for the right job.
- Better colour coding on items to make clearer their rarity.
- Baby animals are now present in the world.
- New rare crops have been added to the world (*requires new save for them to appear naturally although all the resources are obtainable through getting the seeds from monsters/animals to grow these plants yourself!)
- Monkeys now ‘bark’ needs as well as an icon.
- Loot pools have been rebalanced.
- Summon favourite monkeys from anywhere with the new summoning banana.
- Durability on weapons and tools increased.
- Slight increase to player and monkey movement speed.
- A host of new recipes have been added to complement and support new features.
- Online privileges are now turned on by default.Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where Shadows were displaying incorrectly around Teleporters.
- Fixed instances where sleeping could cause a desync between the visual and actual time of day.
- Fur rugs are no longer able to be placed ocean tiles using the raft.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from using the Host’s shared monkeys unless both players have the privilege turned on.
- Fixed an issue which caused raft music to continually play.
- Fixed an issue where players could place storage chests on swamp tar pits.
- Fixed an issue where the growing up particle effect for baby animals was desynced.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from changing the colour of their character or monkey using Mouse and Keyboard.
- Fixed an issue where pins placed in Vaults and Labyrinths were incorrectly displayed outside of these areas.
- Fixed an issue which caused the Structural Integrity achievement to unlock when building the Taming Bench.
- Fixed an issue preventing interaction with some lootable objects.
- Fixed an issue where on rare occasions a player’s monkeys could not travel back with them when leaving an online session.
- Fixed an issue where on rare occasions after a raid, damaged chests could no longer be used by monkeys.
- Additional notes: none.
- Source: Team17 (Steam)
The Survivalists – Ver. 1.1
- Release date: November 18th 2020 (North America, Europe) / November 19th 2020 (Japan)
- Patch notes:
- Added accessibility option to disable dynamic camera zoom. If disabled, camera will stay at max zoomed out level. (This is designed to help those who suffer from motion sickness)
- Balancing tweaks to make combat more challenging
- Orcling flee range reduced by 20%
- Health increased for Orclings and Spectres
- Increased number of animals that spawn from warrens
- Increased number of Orclings that spawn at camps
- Health increased for large nocturnal animals (panthers and devil boar)
- Monkeys no longer do knockback
Game Progression Improvement Changes
- Rebalancing for the cost of items from the Mysterious Strangers shop.
- Tweaks made to food recipes
- Combat quests have been added
- Lore quests appear more often in the mysterious stranger’s shop
- Treasure chests no longer respawn after the blood moon
- Rebalanced building recipe costs
- Most cartables and structures have had increase of +1 for main ingredient needed.
- Some recipes now require additional ingredients
- Loot pools for structures updated to reflect recipe changes
Monkey Improvement Changes
- Change giving items to monkeys to be a hold rather than a press so that you don’t accidentally swap items with monkeys
- Monkeys default to being in combat mode if not assigned to another task
- Icon for item held by monkeys is now displayed constantly and does not fade
- Monkeys in new saves can only be rescued from vaults, they can no longer be found in the wild
- Monkeys in existing saves now require higher tier items for them to be tamed
- WIP changes for monkey balancing to make them less overpowered in combat
- WIP fix for Monkeys set to follow and combat modes retain these modes after loading a save
- Monkey combat quest and glossary text updated to reflect monkey combat changes
- Monkey commands can now be given whilst the player is carrying a chest or chair
- Monkeys will continue working and will no longer automatically be summoned when entering monkey management mode.
- Working monkeys can be summoned by pressing ‘S’ whilst in Monkey management mode.
- Single monkey can now be more easily selected when using a controller
- Monkey work icons no longer overlap monkey names
- Projectiles no longer auto target non-hostile things in the world (except for cogs)
- Player’s max stamina slightly increased
- Fix for not being able to complete some in-progress recipes when upgrading from an earlier build
- Fix for corrupted saves caused by bugged mysterious chest
- Mysterious chest should no longer disappear
- Fix for softlock when trying to load a save caused by bugged mysterious chest
- Fix for monkeys no longer following the player after being knocked out
- Fix for infinite loading screen when joining an online game with a monkey carrying the mysterious chest
- Fix for teleporters not being interactable when upgrading from a previous build
- Fixed an issue where teleporters would stop working if a mouse button was pressed during the teleport animation
- Fixed not being able to use a teleporter whilst holding a chest
- Fix for vault icons no longer appearing on the map after loading a save
- Fix for Journal not opening if mini-map icon is clicked with the mouse
- Fix for an error that was triggering if 100 quest bottles were collected
- Fix for an error that would sometimes trigger when buying a quest from the mysterious stranger
- Fix for monkeys not learning to put items if chest is the item is dragged and dropped into the chest with the mouse
- Fix for Star/Favouriting monkeys not correctly updating favourite monkey status
- Monkeys can now correctly repair spike traps
- Fix to stop players exiting teleporters onto unsafe tiles
- Both meat kebab recipes now produce the same item
- Fix for players facing incorrect direction when firing bows
- Fix for blueprints not being able to be built on rare occasions
- Fix for monkeys not filling their inventory to max capacity
- Fix for gears and torches sometimes being invisible in labyrinths and vaults
- Fix for Wooden Slats and Wooden clubs not being craftable
- Fixed players being unable to sprint whilst item is on their head
- Additional notes: none.
- Source: Team17
How to download updates for The Survivalists for the Nintendo Switch?
To download the updates for The Survivalists, you have three options:
- let the console do its thing if you have automatic downloads activated, and didn’t completely turn it off
- try to launch the game from the Home Menu while being connected to the internet. You should get a prompt when doing so: simply follow the instructions on screen;
- select the game > press either + or – to go to the Options page > select Software update > select Via the Internet.
To check that you have the latest version installed, simply select the game on the Home Menu, and press – or + to go to the Options: the version number is displayed just below the game title.