Back when Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch was “revealed”, during the latest global Nintendo Direct, it was announced that fans in Japan would be able to try out the game sometime in June. And today, Nintendo finally shared some details about the various hands-on events for that country!
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch will be playable at the following events:
RAGE 2018 Summer
- When: June 17th (9AM to 7.30PM)
- Where: Makuhari Messe
- Restrictions: none, everyone will be able to try out the game. More details coming at a later date.
Next Generation World Hobby Fair ’18 Summer
- When: June 23rd and June 24th (9AM to 4PM, entry possible until 3.45PM)
- Where: Makuhari Messe (Hall 9~11)
- Restrictions: elementary school children only, and on a first-come, first-served basis
Jump Victory Carnival 2018
- When: July 16th (Tokyo) and July 22nd (Osaka)
- Where: Makuhari Messe (Hall 5 – 6) / INTEX OSAKA (Building 4 – 5)
- Restrictions: Jump Victory Carnival 2018 is invite-only. Hands-on for the game will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
For players who don’t live in Japan, there will also be hands-on events in other countries. For starters, the game will be playable at E3 2018, from June 12th to June 14th. It’s also guaranteed that Super Smash Bros. will be among the games playable at the Nintendo NY Store from June 11th to June 15th.
Also, while nothing has been announced yet, it’s highly likely the game will also be playable at select BestBuy Stores during E3: Nintendo has had such hands-on event during E3 in the past few years, and it would be surprising if that wasn’t the case this year.
For Europe, nothing has been announced yet, but it’s highly likely the game will be playable at gamescom in August (in Germany). The Japan Expo, in France (in July), is another event where players should be able to try out the new Super Smash Bros. game!
Super Smash Bros. (Switch) comes out later this year worldwide.