Today’s Pokémon news: new game mechanic for the Pokémon TCG, but also…
- Pokémon GO
The next setfor the Pokémon TCG in Japan, Sky Legend, will feature a brand new game mechanic: Z-Crystals. They will appear as Pokémon Tools with GX attacks, but with a major restriction: it only works on Pokémon that know a certain move (for example: Tackle).
Yesterday, the latest Eggstravaganza event for Pokémon GO went live. Alongside that event, the following went live in-game:
- new outfits, available from the in-game Shop
- Shiny Igglybuff now spawning
Also, some new boxes were added to the Store:
- Special Box (480 Coins): Super Incubator (x1), Egg Incubator (x3), Lucky Egg (x1)
- Great Box (780 Coins): Premium Raid Pass (x2), Super Incubator (x4), Lucky Egg (x5)
- Ultra Box (1480 Coins): Premium Raid Pass (x15), Super Incubator (x7), Star Piece (x4), Lucky Egg (x4)
- Adventure Box (1480 Coins): Super Incubator (x14), Star Piece (x4), Egg Incubator (x3), Lucky Egg (x4)
Also, it’s been announced that there will be a lottery for players interested in purchasing tickets for the Pokémon GO Fest 2019 in Chicago. The lottery will take place from April 22nd to April 24th, and winners will be limited to 4 tickets each.
Here’s how purchasing tickets work:
- head to the Events section in the main menu when the lottery period is live
- enter the lottery
- if you’re selected, you will get an email. You then have to head to the Events section of the map and tap the Claim Tickets button
- select the date, time, and number of tickets
Important note: you have 48 hours to purchase the tickets after being selected via lottery. If you bought more than one ticket, you can share them with your friends, but only if you’re Great Friends with them in-game (possibly to avoid abuse).