On this page, you will find all there is to know about the Software updates for Cat Quest II on Nintendo Switch (originally released on October 24th 2019 in Europe and North America)
Click here for more Software updates!
Cat Quest II – Ver. ??? (Mew World Update)
- Release date: August 8th 2020 (North America, Europe, Japan)
- Patch notes:
- Mew Game Modes – No less than 8 meowdifiers are now available in the Mew Game mode, allowing you to challenge yourself with several more playthroughs! Check out some examples below!
- Naked Paws – You won’t be able to equip any armor or weapon during this playthrough!
- Nine Lives – You can only die nine times in this playthrough, just like a cat!
- Furever Alone – If you die in this mode, it’s Game Over, no jumping over to the AI!
- Inventory – The inventory was fully reworked – at the request of the fans- and the sorting is vastly improved, including color-coding by rarity of the items.
- Arcane Temples – The temples are now available across the land to make it easier to upgrade your spells!
- Quality of Life – Many minor tweaks, as well as quests and dungeons displaying the level before you enter, and the Kingsmaker showing the direction of your travel.
- Elemental Damage – Weapons that do elemental damage are now better displayed and the numbers now change color depending on the element!
- Royal Arts – New ways to attack your foes are also being added – unique to each weapon equipped! Simply attack during a roll to purrform this new spinning slash!
- Sprinting – You will now have the ability to sprint! Soon you will be able to pounce all over the world with speed and grace!
- Defense – The defense stat has been improved, and is now displayed as a far in front of the health bar, and will take damage instead! It also recharges over time once you stop taking damage.
- New Enemies – The oceans will now be teeming with new enemies for you to challenge yourself – and be a new source of gold or experience!
- List of changes:
- adds New Game
- provides AI improvements
- provides balance tweaks
- provides various QoL improvements, including colour coded weapons based on rarity
- adds completion stats on dungeons, quest and items
- adds Arcane Temples all round the world
- changes how the defense stat works: it’s now displayed as a bar in front of your health, and it will take damage in place of it. It recharges over time
- adds new enemies
- adds Fast Furwards mode (twice speed)
How to download updates for Cat Quest II for the Nintendo Switch?
To download the updates for Cat Quest II, you have three options:
- let the console do its thing if you have automatic downloads activated, and didn’t completely turn it off
- try to launch the game from the Home Menu while being connected to the internet. You should get a prompt when doing so: simply follow the instructions on screen;
- select the game > press either + or – to go to the Options page > select Software update > select Via the Internet.
To check that you have the latest version installed, simply select the game on the Home Menu, and press – or + to go to the Options: the version number is displayed just below the game title.