Today’s Nintendo eShop news: BoxBoy! + BoxGirl! demo + pre-orders now live in North America and Japan, but also…
- Picross S3
- Dark Devotion
- Pig Eat Ball
- Venture Kid
- Risky Rescue
BoxBoy! + BoxGirl!
Heads up for players interested for BoxBoy! + BoxGirl!: the demo version is now available for download in North America and Japan. Also, the game can now be pre-purchased in the same regions, ahead of the worldwide released on April 26th. Nothing is live in Europe just yet (not the demo or pre-purchase), but both should be sometime tomorrow (April 18th).
BoxBoy! + BoxGirl! (Switch – eShop) comes out on April 26th worldwide.
Source: Nintendo (Twitter)
Jupiter is back with another Picross game on Nintendo Switch! Introducing Picross S3, releasing on April 25th in Japan, where it will cost 1 000 Yen. Nothing has been announced for Europe and North America yet, but it’s more than likely it will be a simultaneous release worldwide.
In the team time, here’s the trailer and some screenshots for the game:
Picross S3 (Switch – eShop) comes out on April 25th in Japan. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Here’s the latest video for Dark Devotion:
Though a treacherous journey awaits those searching for divine recognition, The Arcade Crew has prepared an introduction to Dark Devotion’s brooding world to help players prepare for their destined battles and revelations. Enduring the temple’s trials will require flawless reflexes, keen intuition and a steeled determination, as the threats explored in this video are only a sampling of the horrors lying ahead
And here’s some more details and screenshots for the game:
Dark Devotion’s sprawling, dilapidated temple takes adventurers through a twisted environment rife with mystery where they’ll encounter scores of dangerous foes slinking within the shadows. Combat is deliberately paced and weighty, making mistakes feel impactful and every looting of scarce supplies a relief in this tormenting labyrinth partially inspired by the works of H.P. Lovecraft. In Dark Devotion, faith is more than just a guiding light; it’s a precious resource demanded by an unappeasable God who is happy to watch you struggle against its most loyal Templars.
Dark Devotion (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet.
Source: The Arcade Crew PR
Pig Eat Ball
Mommy’s Best Games have announced that they are bringing Pig Eat Ball to the Nintendo Switch. It’s described as a “delirious pixel-art 2D arcade puzzle-maze game in which you have to eat and barf to get through the end of each level”. It features no less than 214 handmade levels, 10+ humongous bosses, 20+ interconnected worlds, and 38 power-ups. It will be released this Summer in Europe and North America.
Here’s the list of key features and some screenshots:
- Twisted arcade gameplay –get bigger as you eat and barf to squeeze down to size
- Explore intricate worlds –travel to five completely unique areas.
- Hand-crafted challenge –non-procedural levels.
- Massive bosses –useyour brain, your skills, and your mouth to beat nearly a dozen of them.
- Incredible soundtrack –Rock, Paper, Shotgun says “I will brook no argument on Pig Eat Ball’s soundtrack – it whips.”
- One-of-a kind powerups –dozens of disguises with special abilities.
- Open-ended antics –barf on them, bump them, torch them, or knock them into open space.
- Hours of adventure –the main story is 8-12 hours alone but you’ll have to complete the challenge section too.
- Wild characters –speak with tens of aliens in your journey.
- Manic multiplayer mayhem –play with up to four fellows in multiplayer local mode.
- Online leaderboards –each action level lets you compete for the fastest time with the world.
- Online level sharing –craft your own stages and share them with your friends or the world.
Pig Eat Ball (Switch – eShop) comes out this Summer in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Mommy’s Best Games PR
FDG Entertainment have announced that Venture Kid will be available for pre-purchase starting tomorrow (April 18th). It will cost 9.99€ / $9.99, but as mentioned previously, you will get 25% off if you already own one of the other games from FDG Entertainment on Nintendo Switch. They also revealed that the soundtrack was composed by Matt Creamer, who also worked on Retro City Rampage and Shakedown Hawaii.
Here’s some more screenshots for the game:
Venture Kid (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet.
Source: FDG Entertainment (Twitter)
Forever Entertainment have announced that Risky Rescue will be released this very week in Europe and North America, on April 18th to be precise. It will cost 4.99€ / £4.49 / $4.99.
The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Forever Entertainment (Twitter)
Here’s a soundtrack sample for Levelhead:
The soundtrack of the game was composed by Fat Bard.
Levelhead (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet.