Today’s Nintendo eShop news: release date Vampire’s Fall: Origins Awakens, but also…
- Big Battle: Defend the Wall
Vampire’s Fall: Origins Awakens
Early Morning Studio have announced that Vampire’s Fall: Origins will be released on September 17th in Europe and North America.
Here’s the latest set of details for the game:
After the malevolent Witchmaster destroys the Vamp’Ire village you awaken as a fledgling vampire set on a course for revenge. Your efforts to halt the dark magic conjurings of your evil foe take you on a journey through a vast 2D open world where you embark on quests, encounter a variety of NPCs and engage in snarky dialogues that add a lighthearted counterpoint to the sinister atmosphere. Whether you choose the path of virtue or corruption you will face scores of enemies through over 50 hours of gameplay, leveling up your character by unlocking skills and abilities as well as upgrading your gear along the way.
Vampire’s Fall: Origins (Switch – eShop) comes out on September 17th in Europe and North America.
Source: Early Morning Studio PR
Anshar Studios have announced that they will release Gamedec on Nintendo Switch, despite the Kickstarter campaign ending up $30 000 short of the stretchgoal for a port ($170 000 out of $200 0000).
Here’s a trailer, some details, and some screenshots for the game:
Imagine a Warsaw City of the future and a world that always adapts to the decisions you make. As the story progresses, your hero adapts as well. Just like in real life, the consequences of your choices can be immediate, long-term, or stay hidden, surfacing only when you least expect them. Whatever you decide, the game will remain neutral, without judging your choices or suggesting “better” options. It’s up to you to evaluate what you’ve done, as in Gamedec, you are the sum of your choices.
Gamedec is an authentic RPG experience where every decision is important and comes with consequences. The world in which you live adapts to each decision you make. As the story progresses, your hero adapts as well. Just like in “real” life, the consequences of your choices can be immediate, long-term, or stay hidden, surfacing only when you least expect them. Whatever you decide, the game will remain neutral, without judging your choices or suggesting “better” options. It is up to you to evaluate what you’ve done, bearing in mind that you are the sum of your choices.
Anshar Studios returns to the foundations of the RPG genre with their new game, built on mechanics like Deduction, the Codex, and Aspects. These allow for complex conversations and interactions as players create or expose networks of conspiracies while discovering unusual relationships between virtual worlds. Gamedec’s pen-and-paper based RPG mechanics give players the freedom to approach situations from multiple perspectives.
YOU ARE THE SUM OF YOUR CHOICES
Your goal is to hunt down the criminals of virtual worlds – rich and spoiled businesspeople, parents who want better lives for their children, corporations with plans to rewrite history. Are they acting alone, or are they mere puppets? What does a “happy ending” mean to you? To them? Each decision changes the world around you and your character’s personality. Some decisions will feel right, but others might be unexpected.
EXPLORE THE CYBERPUNK OF THE 22ND CENTURY
Welcome to Warsaw City in the 22nd century, where “real” is relative and “life” and “death” have many meanings. Real and virtual worlds have merged, giving rise to ancient vices: lust, sloth, pride, envy… That’s why everyone needs gamedecs – specialists who solve real problems in virtual worlds. Be it the Wild West or a prehistoric amusement park, these and many other worlds reveal our inclinations and weaknesses.
EXPERIENCE THE ESSENCE OF ROLE-PLAYING
Use your wits to gather info from witnesses and suspects, get to the bottom of deceptive schemes, save lives, and investigate the extraordinary relationships between virtual worlds and their inhabitants. Gamedec emulates the nature of tabletop RPGs by focusing on character development through decision making. As in classic tabletop RPGs, you’re given the freedom to approach situations from multiple angles rather than forcing a single solution – the choice is yours and yours alone.
Gamedec (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet.
Source: Anshar Studios PR
Big Battle: Defend the Wall
Gaming Factory have announced their latest game for the Nintendo Switch: Big Battle: Defend the Wall, a tower defense x strategy game developed by Forestlight Games.
No release date yet, but here’s a trailer, some details, the list of key features, and tons of screenshots for the game:
The days when our kingdom’s eastern frontier was a safe home for new settlers are gone forever. The enemy has grown strong and bares his fangs with hatred. His beastly eyes are turned to the lands that the heavens had placed in our care. The savage hordes no longer fear our weapons. It is not the first time they have invaded our territory to rape, loot, and terrorize our people. The Great Wall, which has kept us safe for generations, is in a deplorable state. The once-impassable barrier, a glorious monument to the building craftsmanship of our fathers, is now only a shadow of our former power. It is up to us whether we will stand strong and defend what’s left, keeping the barbarians out of our land, or fail and let in the chaos from the East.
- Rebuild: The wall has been destroyed. The remaining debris will serve as a base for rebuilding it. Along with a handful of people at your side, you must not only restore it to its former glory but also strengthen it to resist the next invasion of the approaching enemy army.
- Explore and exploit: Send your subjects to gather raw materials both in your kingdom and in unknown territories belonging to the wild horde. Help inhabitants of nearby villages in need and explore lost ruins for ancient artifacts.
- Build your army and expand your military headquarters: Increasing the size of your army and its appropriate rearmament is quite the challenge. Build new structures that will allow you to recruit specialists and make further improvements to the bastions.
- Observe, plan, execute: Stay alert and be prepared for everything. Plan the border bridgehead’s reconstruction by deploying guards at the walls and towers to watch the border. Remember to occasionally inspect whether any enemy saboteurs have breached the wall.
- Defend the wall against barbarians from the East: Teach a lesson to each and every invader who comes out of the forest attempting to breach your land. Sound the alarm to call your subjects to the wall and direct their actions on the battlefield.
- Get ready for a great invasion! It has long been rumored that deep in the heart of the wilderness, the enemy army is gathering for another large invasion. Rebuild and reinforce your wall and your army enough to survive when it finally arrives.
Big Battle: Defend the Wall (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet.
Source: Gaming Factory PR
Here’s a video interview for ProtoCorgi:
ProtoCorgi (Switch – eShop) comes out this November in Europe and North America.
The Upcoming Games page has been updated!