Yo-kai Watch 2: Psychic Specters – More details, Oni Evolution Update for Bony Spirits / Fleshy Souls
Nintendo recently updated the official website for Yo-kai Watch 2 in North America, providing us with additional details about the Psychic Specters version, but also the Oni Evolution Update that both Bony Spirits and Fleshy Souls are getting.
As explained before, Yo-kai Watch 2: Psychic Specters offers additional quests, that allows you to learn the secrets of some characters, make new encounters, and more. Here’s a few examples:
- The secret origin of Darknyan
- Revelations from Dame Dedtime’s past
- Work with the diva Directator to produce a blockbuster Yo-kai movie!
- Revelations from Whisper’s past
There’s also a new location called Gera Gera Resort, that you can reach by riding the Hex Express. This train only appears at night, and is filled with various Yo-kai… including a rather steamy boss at the very end! Gera Gera Resort is packed with attractions, Yo-kai.. and troubles!
When you arrive, all the rides and attractions are broken, the power is out, and nothing is running. Naturally, it’s up to you to “fix” the park and get it running, but as you can imagine, it won’t be a straightforward affair… then again, is anything ever straightforward with Yo-kai?
Yo-kai Watch 2: Psychic Specters also features a brand new Blaster Mode, called Psychic Blasters. It features brand new bosses, but other than that, it seems to work the same way as the “regular” Blaster mode from Yo-kai Watch 2: Bony Spirits / Fleshy Souls.
There’s 4 classes for you to choose from:
- Fighters like Jibanyan go all-out on the enemy!
- Tank: Tanks like Robonyan are tough and can take a ton of hits for the team.
- Healer: Healers like Tattletell can restore health to injured teammates.
- Ranger: Rangers like Blazion are versatile attackers with diverse techniques.
Some of the bosses can only be found in Psychic Specters, but you can connect with the other two versions to face them with friends who have Bony Spirits or Fleshy Souls. However, you need to download the Oni Evolution Update first (more details about that update below).
Here’s some of the new bosses from Psychic Specters:
- two mysterious bosses
- Dame Dedtime
The Oni Evolution Update allows you to battle the following bosses if you connect with Bony Spirits and Fleshy Souls:
- Slimamander (Bony Spirits)
- Rubeus J (Bony Spirits)
- Hardy Hound (Fleshy Souls)
- SV Snaggerjag (Fleshy Souls)
And just like Bony Spirits and Fleshy Souls, Yo-kai Watch 2: Psychic Specters also has some exclusive Yo-kai:
- Wicked Yo-kai
Now, about the Oni Evolution Update for Yo-kai Watch 2 Bony Spirits / Fleshy Souls mentioned above. It allows you to get even more content for the game… for free!
First, after beating the main story, you will be able to get some exclusive S-Rank Yo-kai:
- Bony Spirits: Jibanyan S
- Fleshy Souls: Komasan S
- Psychi Specters: Komajiro S (does not require any update)
The update also allows you to connect with Psychic Specters version players, in order to play the Psychic Blasters mode and face off special bosses that way.
Linking the different versions also allows you to access a very special dungeon… but only once a day! You can get started by selecting “Yo-kai Watc 2 Link” on the title screen.
Here’s the special Yo-kai you can meet by linking the different games:
- Bony Spirits + Fleshy Souls + Psychic Specters = Sapphinyan, Dianyn, Emenyan, Orcanos, Moximous N, Moximous K
- Bony Spirits + Psychic Specters = Rubinyan, Gargaros
- Fleshy Souls + Psychic Specters = Topanyan, Ogralus
If you already own one of the original versions of Yo-kai Watch 2, you can transfer your save data to Yo-kai Watch 2: Psychic Specters. Doing so allows you to play from where you left off, so you can directly skip to the new stuff.
Here’s everything you can transfer:
- Story progress data
- Yo-kai data
- Bony Spirits or Fleshy Souls exclusive quests
- Random multiplayer battles
And here’s how to transfer your save data:
- Update the YO-KAI WATCH 2: Bony Spirits or YO-KAI WATCH 2: Fleshy Souls data you wish to transfer to Ver 2.0 or higher. (the Oni Update)
- Create transfer data from your save data by selecting “Export Data to Psychic Specters” on the title screen. Transfer data will be created on your Nintendo 3DS system’s SD card. Please do not delete the extra data on your SD card. Once the data import to YO-KAI WATCH 2: Psychic Specters has been completed, the transfer data will be deleted. After exporting, the original save data will be marked with a “Transferred” icon, but it can still be played. Note: transferring data to YO-KAI WATCH 2: Psychic Specters can be done only once per save file.
- On the YO-KAI WATCH 2: Psychic Specters title screen, select “Import Data from Bony Spirits / Fleshy Souls.” Once your transfer data is saved to your YO-KAI WATCH 2: Psychic Specters Diary, you’re finished!
Yo-kai Watch 2: Psychic Specters (3DS) comes out on September 29th in Europe and North America.